Hubigraph stopped graphing with HE update

I am using data from @thebearmay ’s Hub Information driver to graph hub data to Hubigraphs (I realize that Hubigraphs has been deprecated for some time now but it has been working for me up until yesterday).

I just noticed that last graphing data point was yesterday 10/20/22 at 9:11 pm.
The only thing that was changed proximal to this time was a system firmware update to 2.3.3.137.
Has anyone also experienced this and regardless, any suggestions on how to get things operational again? TIA for any help.

So are you saying the chart still displays, but it is the data that is cut-off at the point you upgraded? Would I also be right in assuming you are using the data storage option?

Yes to both (see graph in OP). I have long term storage set for one week of data and it has been working flawlessly until yesterday evening. Any thoughts?
Edit: I should mention I have been using this successfully for about one year now.

Do you see Events listed on the Events page for your Hub Info device? I expect this is what the LTS picks up on.

Yes.

Then you may want to look at whether there is any debug logging available in Hubgraphs that may provide some details on what is happening... Or maybe check the HE Logs first, if you haven't already.

Will do. Don’t have access to my hub right now (still at work). I was also wondering whether it had to do with a change in the way database size is managed in HE. A couple of HE updates ago I noted (as have others too) a significant drop in my database size (from 50-60 down to around 15). Thanks for your help and suggestions!

1 Like

May want to check that the Hub Info Driver still has a poll scheduled - if not hitting Configure should start it back up. (I’ve seen occasions where the polling gets interupted during reboot.)

2 Likes

@thebearmay , we are not worthy! Once again, you nailed it. Did a Configure again and it started back up! Your service to this community is amazing. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Not sure if you are aware but Webcore now has the same features as Hubigraphs. It's basically the Hubigraphs code with updates.

You can copy your hubigraph long term storge over to webcore and not lose any of your data. The main advantage is the code is still being maintained. The graph setup is almost identical.

2 Likes

Thank you @terminal3 . I am not familiar with Webcore IIRC from another thread, that if you lose internet you lose Webcore functionality which kind of defeats the purpose of Hubitat? Again, I am not at all knowledgeable with regards to Webcore so I do not want to state any false or incorrect information. If this is true, this is one major feature (totally local) that Webcore does not have compared to Hubigraphs?

That is not correct. Webcore runs locally on your hub, The piston editor does run on a webserver, but that is only for editing. Once a piston is created and saved it resides on your hub and runs locally. When you do a hub backup you also back up all your pistons.

The graphing part of webcore does not even require the webserver editor, You setup graphs in webcore almost exactly as you did in hubigraphs. So whatever thread you read is totally wrong or you misunderstood.

1 Like

Thank you @terminal3 . I stand corrected. I did in fact misunderstood as apparently others did as well. I only read the first couple of posts on Using webCoRE with Hubitat where

@EdwardN states

“Keep in mind that using webcore defeats much of the point of using a local server for automation, since if you lose internet, you lose control of your automations. As long as that’s not a consideration for you…”

My bad. I hate it when misinformation is passed on, especially if I am the one who is passing it along, LOL, hence my question if this was in fact true.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.