Hubconnect

I migrated my hub from a C5 to a C7. After this I can’t seem to get Hubconnect to stay connected. It says online one moment then a few minutes latter it says offline. I have a few items on Smartthings that haven’t come over to Hubitat like Arlo. I think it has to do with the key, but when I go to edit it in smart things it says network error. (After the migration the IP stayed the same.)

any ideas?

The Groovy ide environment goes away after 12/31. So this integration won't work after that day even if you figure this out. You may want to look for alternatives to connect to Smartthings devices like the drivers for HE that pool the Smartthings API, or using Node-Red with the Samsung Automation Studio Pallet.

1 Like

Check out HubiThings Replica, works great

Keep in mind this depends on polling so may not be sufficient for devices that need to tell HE immediately when something happens like a motion sensor.

You could also get hit by rate limits if you sync allot of devices.

I have a couple contact sensors on SmartThings still, one turns the closet light on when the door is opened. It's pretty quick. But what you said makes sense - good to know

It looks like I was wrong on this statement. I am not sure what he found, but it does appear that part of the app setup does setup a way for SmartThings to send event updates to the Hubitat hub. Looks like a great tool as long as you don't hit the rate limits and they are explained in part of the setup if you read it. Don't forget after you setup your Oauth piece to click on the link and log into SmartThings.

1 Like

You should wash your mouth out with soap!!

1 Like

Everything i had read indicated you needed a smartapp configured with webhooks to recieve the updates from Smartthings. I am happy to be wrong as this seems to keep it all in the hubitat environment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.