HubConnect v2 install

I'm in the midst of migrating from ST to HE.
I came across HubConnect in my reading and attempted to install, based on the instructions posted on this forum.

I believe I have loaded correctly.. but I must be missing something ;
(1) installed Hubconnect Server, Server Instance and Remote Hub Driver to HE
(2) Installed Remote Client app and Remote Hub Device handler to ST
(3) When through config steps

My ST Hubconnect remote client app says " online" BUT there is no indication of any connection when I try and verify from the HE side ..

The HubConnect servers doesnt show anything for m ST.

How do I know if I truly have a connection ?

Did you install HubConnect 2.0? If you're using 1.x, I don't believe that works in the "new" SmartThings app, so that may explain the problem (but you also wouldn't be able to put in any configuration on ST; I think that's what really breaks). Otherwise, Hubitat should show you an "Online" status in green after the app name if it's connected. I can't remember where else off the top of my head...I was thinking maybe on that page, but I don't see that at the moment.

If nothing appears broken, it should be noted that HubConnect per se does not do anything unless you select devices (or modes, etc.) to "mirror"/share to the other hub, which you can do in any direction--ST to Hubitat,l Hubitat to ST, or Hubitat to another Hubitat. To start this process, you'd begin on the hub with the "real" devices and select them in the HubConnect remote client or server instance apps, then save/"Done" your way out, and everything should be created on the other hub if you have all the pieces (drivers/DTHs, mostly--it will tell you what you need) on the other hub.

Not sure exactly where your setup is breaking down (or if it is at all), but maybe some of that will help!

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed response. It was very helpful. I did note 2 things that were issues.

(1) although the ST smart app appeared to be communicating to HE (indicated “online”), I dont think it was. I reloaded the keys from HE a few times.
I then noticed HE saw ST as connected. Bit of a mystery as to why.

(2) as you noted, the real devices are only mirrored after the proper drivers are loaded in HE. I did that with HPM and all appears good.

Thanks again.

2 Likes