HubConnect Stopped Refreshing Samsung TV State

Hey everyone,

A couple days ago my lighting automations based on the ON /OFF state of my Samsung TV stopped working correctly. I use HubConnect between ST and HE. I can turn the TV ON and OFF from HE, but the status only updates after pressing Sync. It was working perfectly fine before, nothing changed on my part.

Has anyone experienced this? What could I do to fix it? The status updates in ST.

Thx

Is the status updating correctly in ST?

Yes.

A little background I have 6 Samsung TV's from varying years 2016 to 2020 and a Hubitat C5 and C7 running on .148. I also have a ST v3 hub and use HubConnect to connect to all the TV's. I use the status of my Samsung TV with HubConnect to turn on the outlet for my receiver and to set the source on the receiver.

A thing to be aware of... Samsung TV's have a long running bug in their firmware where the TV stops updating status. I'd double check again in SmartThings and make sure it's not showing as offline. The master bath TV is showing this symptom currently in this screenshot.

The quick fix for it is to turn on the tv then hold down the power button on the remote until it powers off and then back on again and displays the Samsung logo. Once it finishes booting up the status will start updating correctly again. After a few days it will happen again. My living room Samsung TV has an external smarthub that all the hdmi cables plug into that I can power cycle daily with a rule and it has the same effect as holding the power button.

Thank you for the advice. Actually I am in the process of weeding my ST hub out. I started using an Aeotec smart plug and based on the power consumption I can check if the TV is on or off and activate my scenes accordingly. This eliminates relying on the cloud and keeps things local.

1 Like

I'm doing the same thing to control some of the other components. I still have it use the ST TV on the trigger too just in case it's ever faster.

Got rid of my ST hub now that there's a native HE driver for Samsung TV's.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.