HubConnect passing global variables

I'm trying to pass a text global variable defined with variable connector type from one hub to another? I looked at the device type 'RM Global Variable Connector' without any success. Should I be able to do this and how would I do it?

Never had really thought about that, but I wonder if the upcoming update would take care of that. Since you select devices you want to share between hubs I wonder if that includes connector variables.

Boy do I hate typing these words: "Works for me"

I have a Connector on one of my hubs, created in RM:
Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.19.08 AM

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.02.27 AM

And then I have that mirrored to my HubConnect Server Hub:

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.05.55 AM

The ONLY reason I have it is to test RM Connector :smiley: I haven't used it in 6 months for sure. Just tried it, it works, both directions.

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.13.22 AM Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 10.13.28 AM

(the screen cap with version: v2.0.0 is the mirrored one)

dev:2774 2020-11-15 10:12:45.177 am info LocKode variable is just great
app:2 2020-11-15 10:12:44.176 am info Received event from 192.168.7.66:2774--ZeeRadioLower/LocKode: [false variable, just great null LocKode variable is just great]

Logs from two hubs above.. sender followed by receiver.

1 Like

I'm using package manager to manager the code.
The HubConnect RM Global Variable Connector driver look very different.
Here is my generated device

Doesn't look anything like your generated device.
Maybe I have the wrong driver?

You're displaying the whole device info using the HubConnect RM Connect driver.. and that's correct and matches... but I displayed the lower portion: the Device Info portion, because the top portion is 'busy' -- the only portion that matters in the top is the part you didn't capture.. the Current States part there on the Right side.

On the "real RM Connector" hub, there's a Set Variable button and string entry. Type something into the String field, click the Set Variable button above. Look to the right, the Current States should show your typed word(s).

There's the same on the bottom left area of the mirrored device. The Current States should have the word(s) you typed and if you type a different word in the Set Variable string field and click Set Variable, again, the Current States on both hubs should follow along.

The Commands portion of the HubConnect RM Global Variable Connector device will have a button for every type of Global Variable RM allows you to create. But recognize that the original Connector is ONE type. The mirrored device will be one type too but it can't know in advance which, so the HubConnect driver has "One Of Each" to cover all the bases. :smiley:

Thanks for explaining this. It's now working but i had to 'kick' it by typing something into the client side Set Variable then it sort of started working. I haven't had to do this 'kick' process on any of my other devices. I expect there is a technical reason for this.

I didn't paste this area before because there wasn't anything there. When I ran the report of driver versions from the server.. the version level reported was blank. Actually it still is,

Anyway thanks for responding so quickly. Keep up the excellent work.

So I'm not quite where I want to be yet. I am currently running 3 hubs. One acts as the server and the other two are clients. I want each of them to send a global variable. One of them now works perfectly but I can't get the other one to work. On the server device under Current Status it never reports a variable.
I can type in some text into Set Variable on the server and it appears on the client side. I have removed the device several times from the client and repeated the exact same process that works on the other client. Otherwise this client is working well and shares data from some 20 devices.

Any suggestions?