Hub won't update, doesn't show in my registered devices

I have 7 hubs between 2 properties (in 2 different geographically areas). 6 of them show up in my registered devices, but 1 does not.

That same hub won't update either. I can access it by local IP, but when checking for updates, it spins and spins forever. It's current version is 2.3.3.132. This has been going on for many months, but I ignored it because i figured it would shake loose eventually. Also, since I can access it locally and it's meshed with a different hub, I can do whatever I need to (device wise) so I haven't really cared.

But I've started to dig in on this one and see if i can figure it out. I've rebooted it a bunch of times. I looked on the community to see if that software version has had problems.

Do I need to do some kind of factory reset and restore/backup?

Sounds as if it cannot reach the Hubitat cloud. How are you assigning an IP address? Which DNS servers is it using?

IP is static (part of a range I'm using for my Hubitats on the same network) and DNS servers are the same as the others as well. DNS is set to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9

Something you said gave me an idea, and it might have worked.... I just flipped it back to DHCP and rebooted. When it came back, the "hub has updates" flag was lit up, and I was able to find/install the update. It's installing now. The IP address is the same as before because my network controller has that set to fixed as well (for this mac address).

Was there a bug in version 2.3.3.xxxx where a static IP config was causing it not to update or see the Hubitat servers?

All my other hubs are set to static IP but they work fine. Very weird.

Yep, that did it. I allowed it to fully update, then rebooted, then switched it back to static, and rebooted it again. It is now checking updates/showing up in registered devices correctly. So I guess this is something to try if you run into this situation - switch from static back to DHCP and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.