Hub won't boot with USB stick

Came in to work this morning to find my hub unresponsive - though a rule triggered oddly enough.. The blue light was on, but after ~15 seconds or so, the light would turn red for a second then back to blue. I've been trying to ping it and not getting a response, so I unplugged the zwave/zigbee usb stick and in booted up. I then installed the latest firmware in case it had some issue there (as of 01NOV2019), and it would boot fine, but not with the usb stick in it. It wouldn't just let me plug it in after it was booted either (this wasn't unexpected).

I've tried unplugging it for a bit, but that didn't seem to change anything. Not sure what to do next - I can only get into the web ui (and ping it) if the stick is unplugged, which sort of defeats the purpose..

Have you sent an email to support and have you tried shutting it down and unplugging it for a few minutes then trying to boot it up with the usb stick attached?

Well... thats dumb.. I havn't contacted support, but in reponse to your question, I had tried it for a few minutes with no luck, then I left for lunch and unplugged it before I left. A little over an hour, just plugged it in, and now its back up like nothing ever happened. These are the last lines in the log though:

dev:2342019-11-01 01:02:10.624 pm errorjava.lang.SecurityException: 
    getClassloader method not allowed on line 71 (initialize)
    dev:2672019-11-01 01:02:10.620 pm errorjava.lang.SecurityException: 
    dev:2672019-11-01 09:56:27.941 am errorjava.lang.SecurityException: 
    getClassloader method not allowed on line 67 (poll)
    dev:2342019-11-01 09:56:27.938 am errorjava.lang.SecurityException: 
    dev:2672019-11-01 09:56:28.034 am errorjava.lang.SecurityException: 

Not sure what it's on about.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Guess I'll re-post if it happens again... Thanks!

What is device 234 ?? (in those logs, you can click on that number and up at the top, it will highlight the device AND filter the logs to just that device. Click All and it goes back.)

Its one of those super common z-wave contact sensors (goControl? - the boring looking rectangular ones). Here's another log excerpt - unfortunately the logs from 11/1 are already past the retention limit apparently - I can't seem to go back that far anyway.

[dev:234](http://10.20.30.20/logs/past#dev234)2019-11-02 10:07:04.285 am [error](http://10.20.30.20/device/edit/234)groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_krlaframboise_GoControl_Contact_Sensor_260.sendHubCommand() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList) values: [[840400546001, delay 500, 8405, delay 500, 8002, delay 1000, ...]] Possible solutions: sendHubCommand(hubitat.device.HubAction), sendHubCommand(hubitat.device.HubMultiAction) on line 376 (parse)

I'm not sure but I think it might be a coincidence - clearly something is up with that driver, but I've not seen that error till recently and its been using that same driver for... a long time - it was like, one of the first things I added as a test. I've got more than one now, I'll have to check and see if I used a different driver for them for some reason. I suspect this is something I copied over from SmartThings... maybe :stuck_out_tongue: was a while ago.

@krlaframboise Kevin participates here in the Community, He may have an answer if you tag him (as I have done.)

Use the generic z-wave contact sensor driver...

You know whats funny, I got distracted and forgot about this and its not giving me that error anymore... Oh well! :stuck_out_tongue: