Hub Variable Changes to Logs

There doesn’t appear to be a way to toggle on descriptive text logging for Hub Variables like there is for devices.

I’m aware I can create a Connector for each variable and log its changes but that’s not a terribly elegant solution.

1 Like

From what source are these changes happening? If from RM, you can log those actions. If from the Settings page, you're right, there is not logging that occurs. Where are your hub variables values being changed that you want to log?

1 Like

Predominately RM I imagine, but as the quantity and complexity of Apps grows it would be nice to have a simple 'Enable descriptionText logging' toggle for Hub Variables so we don't have to manually add a Log action to every action of every rule that may change a variable.

1 Like

The hub doesn't have an underlying mechanism to do this, nor is it likely to get one. Hub Variables are very simple objects, unlike devices. There is no Hub Variable page per variable where logging could be toggled, as is done with devices.

I'll put in on the list of possible enhancements....

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.