Hub update 2.2.1.113 breaks two of my device connections

Almost baby bed time here; I'll try to get you some tomorrow! I'm trying to remember exactly when in the process, but I know that at one point when it wasn't working I looked at logs and saw...nothing. But I'm probably remembering wrong. In any case, tomorrow it is!

1 Like

For any body out there with issues with Fibaro switches, maybe try the following.
It may work with other drivers as well. I don't know.

Folks.
To resolve this go into the driver code and change all instances of multichannelv3 to multichannelv4.

This fix is courtesy of @christi999 .

1 Like

Hi @bcopeland

These logs are for a Zooz Zen30 (double switch). The dimmer part isn't working for on/off commands using 2.2.1.113. On the other hand, setLevel(100) and setLevel(0) work perfectly.

Please let me know what else I can provide.

which driver is this using?

1 Like

built-in "Zooz double switch".

Edit - I knew I forgot seomething. Sorry about that.

checking

1 Like

FWIW, I got three of these showing the exact same behavior.

Ok.. I see the issue

1 Like

submitted a fix

1 Like

Great! Do you think the fix will apply to my issue too, or would you still like logs from me?

Is it the same device?

Not the same as the zooz, my issue is with the remotec using the generic zwave switch driver. I just couldn't tell if your fix reply was specific or more general to the thread :slight_smile:

Logs incoming!

EDIT: ah, looks like mobile view makes it harder to see what messages are replying to who, my bad!

@bcopeland here are the logs -- this is my first time submitting, let me know if I need to redo anything!

With the device set to use the Generic Z-wave Switch driver, I performed these actions in order:

• Physical device button on, then off
  • Hubitat device page buttons
    -- on
    -- off
    -- flash
    -- configure
    -- poll
    -- refresh
    -- on
    -- off

Nothing happened on the actual device (it stayed off the entire time, with the exception of the physical on switch, which worked fine)

Any reason you would need logs of it working with the dimmer driver?

Can you screen shot the device section of the device data section.. In particular I'm looking for the inClusters ..

Here you go!

Ok... I see the problem.. You need to switch to the generic z-wave dimmer driver..

Switch Multilevel V1

Command Class: 0x26

Yeah, what's weird is that it used to work, up until this hub update, with the switch driver. There's a physical switch on the back of the device that lets me choose between dimmer and switch and this one is set to switch.

Using the dimmer driver is totally fine, just letting you know that the switch driver used to work and now doesn't.

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated!

Right .. there were some major changes to z-wave drivers..

Ahhhh gotcha. That would explain it (I assume, I don't actually understand most of that, haha)!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.