Hub time zone is wrong and won't update

My hub is stuck in GMT, put I'm in Central time zone (zip code is correct, and geofence is correct). I can't seem to get the Hub to change to my Central zone...stuck in GMT. I've updated software and done a reset....no change...still stuck in GMT.

I don't believe that those automatically set time zone.

It isn't clear to me by reading this if you went into the Settings tab, Location and Modes menu, selected your time zone on the bottom left, and then hit Update on the bottom right of that page.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Here's a screen shot

Hitting the refresh and update tabs doesn't do anything to fix the time zone issue.

What time zone have you picked.
It should correspond to where you are.

1 Like

Make sure you are going to the Location Tab and setting it

1 Like

Thanks...I did that and selected Central...

Have you tried rebooting the hub after setting the timezone?

2 Likes

I realized the HE app browser has a different time (-1, although time zone is correct) than PCยดs or even chrome in the same mobile where the HE app is...very strange and that is what updates my hub to an incorrect hour.

1 Like

It doesn't look like anyone has found a solution to this problem. The time, location, time zone are all correct in Hub Details, but it still sets sunset/sunrise based upon GMT. I am in Central time in the US, so this is not even remotely close. Anyone have an actual solution to this problem?

Welcome to the Hubitat community!

Can you give us a general location, like near Chicago or near St Louis so we can check some basic settings? (a more exact location is fine too, I just don't want to invade your privacy too much) I am thinking that maybe the time zone you are using appears to be correct but isn't, or maybe your coordinates in the hub are off even though they might appear to be correct.

• Can you also list from the Settings menu Hub Details what time it shows for Sunrise and Sunset.
  • Similarly, if you go to Logs tab, and over to Location Events, can you screenshot or list Sunrise and Sunset times there?
  • What time zone are you currently using, the one called Central Time? There are a few different ones, so maybe we can try a different one. (which is why I ask for your general location above)
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.