Hub time way out of sync

Hi all, I was trying to work out why a driver hadnt updated for over a day, and eventually realised it wasnt the driver, but Hubitat was reporting the wrong date. I had to update the date/time from my browser to get it back working.
Is this common? Is there no way to build NTP into the hubitat code?

Thanks all.

Your HE should be updating its time via NTP. Are you blocking NTP requests? Could your internet provider be blocking NTP requests?

1 Like

Good point. I'll have a look at the firewall logs. Thanks.

1 Like

Your hubs firmware needs to be at least 2.1.5 then you can use this community created driver

to choose your own NTP server, by default it will try to contact a specific pool on the internet but if it cannot access the internet for a while it seems to stop trying until rebooted and if it cannot connect to the internet when the DB backup is performed each night on on reboot then it really will get out of sync like days or more. If you have a Windows machine always running on your network that NTP driver works great once you setup an NTP server service.

Ah thanks I will look to set that up. NTP is getting through my firewall ok, so this may alleviate the problem.

1 Like