Hub stuck at 80% after upgrade to 2.2.3

yeah trying that now.. thanks

So I restored previous version and that went OK. Tried to upgrade again and failed at 75% also. Now going to restore back to previous version and disable all apps then upgrade again to see.

1 Like

Got to 85% this time. progress i guess? :frowning: Trying to put the hub into safe mode but getting this error. Soft reset also gives the same error..

@bobbyD

Error: Request failed with status code 401

Try logging out then back in of the diagnostic tool

1 Like

For your privacy protection, the login is set to time out periodically. If you see Error 401 displayed, please Log Out of the Diagnostic Tool, then close all your browser's windows and log back in using the hub's MAC address.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

1 Like

Thanks.. If I soft reset then upgrade, can I restore the db from the 2.2.2.129?

1 Like

Ok something is up with 2.2.3?

I upgraded my "spare C4 hub, no radio" to 2.2.3 without issue but when I restore the DB file from the main C4 hub, it's now stuck at 75% when booting. If I reboot with safe mode then it boots fine. My main Hub is booting fine with 2.2.2 so something in 2.2.3 causing it to be stuck at 75% each time. @bobbyD Anything you can look at?

75% is the point where apps are getting pre-loaded.
Don't know what's happening yet, but I'm looking into it.

2 Likes

2 out of 3 C5 hubs updated just fine. The 3rd one will not work at all. It downloads then it takes 15-20 to start update then for some reason it craps out then starts all over at 0. When it did finally update the whole hub ran so slow nothing worked for over 6 hours so I downgraded to 2.2.2.129 and everything went back to normal. No idea why it's happening on just 1 C4 hub.

I tried upgrading the same hub twice and both times same issues.

Any luck getting to the bottom of this? Would be nice if the diagnostic page display log messages so user can get an idea of what failed to load.

1 Like

So I disabled all apps but RM and still getting stuck at 80%.

Ok. Still stuck with all apps disabled. Must a custom driver?

Please keep running 2.2.2 for now. Still haven't gotten to the bottom of it. I'll post a reply when a proper (or at least likely) fix is out. We know this doesn't happen a lot, and none of insiders' hubs exhibit this behavior, so finding and fixing it involves educated guessing. And guessing, even the educated kind, isn't the same as knowing, and I'd rather not give out misleading information. We're on it, though.

2 Likes

@gopher.ny - Any news? I just tried the 2.2.3.119 update on two of my hubs, all were running 2.2.2.129 before the upgrade. I run the Hub Watchdog app on all my hubs to measure performance against a virtual switch.

The first hub I upgraded was a C5 hub that's running in the garage with just a handful of devices. It has Zigbee disabled and only has one Z-wave device connected to it. The virtual switch response according to watchdog was around 130ms before the upgrade, and it stayed on that after the upgrade as well.

Spurred on by the successful upgrade of the garage hub, I then upgraded a C4 hub which I've just started setting up. I have both Zigbee and Z-wave disabled on this hub. The virtual switch response was around 50ms on this hub (by far the best performer of my hubs) before the upgrade, but after the upgrade the response shot up to over 250ms. You can see that in the screenshot from watchdog below (the upgrade to 2.2.3 was done at 16:54)

I rebooted the hub to no avail. I then disabled all apps except for the Watchdog, and all devices except for the watchdog devices. It made no difference to the response times. I thought I'd leave the device overnight to see if the overnight maintenance made a difference. It did, to a certain extent at least. The response was now down to about 150ms. Still 3 times slower than before the upgrade (the 14:13 reading was when I did another reboot. It seems to have upset the watchdog somewhat, so please disregard that reading).

I then decided to downgrade to 2.2.2.129 again. After the downgrade the response times started improving. Slowly but surely they started nearing the response times I had before I upgraded. You can see how at the start of this screenshot the response times were around 100ms and at the end they are down to around 50ms.

I've got another C5 that I haven't upgraded yet, but this hub is already sitting on a response time around 150ms at its best and has to be rebooted every 4 days when the response times near 300ms or the whole hub grinds to a halt. That is my main hub with more than 100 devices and 40 RM rules, all my motion lighting etc. If the performance of this hub would decrease five-fold as my C4 hub experienced, then I'm not sure I'd be able to get this hub to respond at all after the upgrade. I think I'll wait now until I hear further on any progress on this issue.

I don't have a timeline for when beta is going to be available for a general release, but I could add your hub/hubs to the beta list if you want to check it out. The update process is the same as regular process, it just makes a different version available for downloading.

This upcoming beta has anything to help resolve my upgrade issue?

A hot fix has been released today in beta, if testing goes well, it will be included in the next update.

4 Likes

A fix for this issues has been released in the newly released 2.2.3.132 update.

2 Likes

The fix in 2.2.3.132 does not seem to have gone well.! When I tried the fix on a C7 hub running 2.2.3.119, the hub froze up and I could not reach the main web interface. After several soft reboots using the administration ( ":8081") interface, and a few unplug / replug cycles, I have been able to get web access again. I'm also having numerous "Network responded with Busy" messages when trying to do a Z-Wave repair and other issues.

There's some truly weird stuff going on in the logs on your hub - it looks like there are two instances of hub software are running at once! Could you please try unplugging the hub, waiting for about a minute and plugging it back again? Normally, I would suggest shutting it down gracefully, but in this case it may do as much harm as good.

1 Like