Hub stops working

Ive changed the power supply and the cord as well as the ethernet cord
Just looking at these logs what are all the errors

Click on the app number to the left of the log line, or click on where it says "warn" and see what app it is. Something is not configured right and trying to hit websockets. Could possibly be what is crashing the hub if that keep going on like that constantly.

Also, do you have a static IP set on the hub? If so do you have the DNS configured correctly?

2 Likes

OK hub was not set to static IP but is now thanks
I'm not sure about the DNS do I leave what's there or change it
8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9
The errors in the logs - I use Hubitat to talk to EventGhost installed on another Lan computer the computer is only on from 8 am to 11 pm so when it shuts off that's when I get the errors
Other than that Im still loosing device control in Hubitat

Format it as 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 and his save. Sometime it will seem like it's there but it isn't then your hub loses access to the internet.

Thanks will do. Other than the small problem of lost device control :slight_smile: I now also have a problem loading WebCore. It says there is a problem loading dashboard data, If the problem persists then log out.
I think I'm regretting moving from Smartthings
Rick

You need to post on the webcore thread. @nh.schottfam is very active there and can help with the migration. Another thing to look at is this thread...It will help avoid some gotchas. Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as Wink, SmartThings or Vera? This may help!

Thanks, you gave me that link before. I appreciate it and have read it.
WebCore not displaying properly is this not a Hubitat problem? WebCore has worked for weeks up until today.
But I will post as you suggest
I still would like to solve my problem with lost device control

Were you able to get all of the devices resolved as @aaiyar advised? Looks like you were partway through when you started having connectivity issues.

I was able to delete 3 out of 4 ghost devices if that's what your referring to

in the logs y do I get this error whenever I turn this light on or off. If I click on it that takes me to Hubitat - apps thats lists all the devices that Google Home uses

Sounds like you need to re-authorize google Home. Its having some sort of problem connecting to it. Possibly also related to DNS issues.

Also, the suggestion above was to make sure you were on DHCP and now you have switched it to a static IP, probably wont help anything, but might cause more issues if not setup correctly.

1 Like

OK i felt like the problem started just after I updated firmware to 2.3.2.123 from 2.3.2.141
So I rolled back to that older firmware. Then I tried to restore from a backup I made while on the newer version of firmware.
Now I get a Corrupt database found
I have done a soft reset with the same outcome
I have tried within the Diagnostic tool to update software but says Could not fetch latest version info
What do I do now

I'm back to the 2.3.2.141
Still can't control any devices
Can't access any of my pistons in WebCore.

Neither of those you listed is current firmware, is there a problem with updating to current? 2.3.4.133

This tells me your hub is either not connected to the internet, or cannot resolve DNS hostnames.
You should switch it BACK to DHCP how it was before, this will get settings from your router.

Then
Go to Settings >> Network Setup >> Click Network Test Link
For Ping, type in hubitat.com and press Ping button
Should get some results after a few seconds showing success if DNS is working.

OK that worked. I have my pistons back in WebCore.
What difference does it make if I set Hubitat to static or dynamic ip. When I have reserved an IP in my router so it always gets the same IP address
Not sure if my controlling devices problem is fixed with the new firmware Ill keep an eye on it
Thanks

This is the best way to do it, you should never have changed to Static IP, no one advised you to do that. When you reserve the IP on the router you always want the device (hub in this case) set to DHCP.

If all the devices stop working again first thing to try is this:
Shut down the hub from the menu if you can get into the UI.
Unplug the hub for 30 seconds, then plug back in.
Wait for it boot and see if its working again.

This can happen sometimes, but should not happen often.

Oh Also, on the zwave details page, if you have an "Update Firmware" button at the very top, run that update, this will also help the zwave work better.

Here is directions, and there was one other update after this as well to get it to 7.18: C7 2.3.1 and Z-Wave Firmware 7.17.1

Now that you seem to be back on the internet, go to yourhubip>>settings>>check for updates. And 2.3.4.134 should be available

OK everything is up to date
I still have the original problem
I've lost all ability to control devices even after a power off unplug and plug back in
I use to be able to control devices for 5 or 10 min but not now

did you do the z-wave update on the z-wave settings page?

Can you control them directly on the device page or is it only problematic in webcore?