Hub Slowing Down Part II

Could be the device constantly sending the same messages.. Or could be the app and or automation action combination that is causing a loop

I may try to delete the device first and see what happens....ok?

1 Like

You could also look at the device-specific events. I'm guessing you've got a significant number of events from that device.

Sure.. I do recommend when troubleshooting to try 1 thing at a time.. That way you know the root cause

1 Like

Maybe just disable the device for Echo Speaks

If there are a bunch of cloud requests queued up from a backlog.. It may take a minute for it to settle down and return to normal

OK....getting late here...I will delete the sensor and give it a go and see if that helps....thanks...I will report status on here later....

1 Like

Please keep us engaged..

2 Likes

How’s it working this morning?

Seems to responding better. I did a reboot last night so will monitor today and see if it is fixed. Thanks for your concern😀

3 Likes

Good deal.. If you keep having issues reply in this thread, so it’s easier to get a history..

3 Likes

I removed the sensor and disabled the Echo Speaks App. Unfortunately I removed the device first (did not do a disable) and the problem went away. So I really don't know if the problem was the Echo Speaks App or the device. I actually physically removed the device in haste and ordered a different sensor to replace it. But I think it may be the App itself causing the problem. Once I replace the motion sensor I will try to enable the App and see if the App was the bad actor. I am leaning towards the App being the cause. I did get a reply from support stating that the Echo Speaks App is causing problems with other users. I know the cool thing about this system as opposed to my previous Insteon stuff is that it is OPEN SOURCE accommodating.....allowing developers to write their own Apps to work with the hub but this is a case of allowing these Apps to be incorporated into the Hub without enough testing. I hope the developer looks into this and if it is a problem fixes it. The Echo speaks worked well and I hope I can find a substitute or a fix to allow some of my devices to talk the the Amazon Echo ecosystem. Thank you very much and I do not regret incorporating the Hubitat Elevation hub into my smart home system..... :grinning:

1 Like

:point_up_2: This make me happy..

2 Likes

One more update.....I did some troubleshooting and the result is the DEVICE was the bad actor not the Echo Speaks App.....I replaced the motion detector with another brand and turned on the Echo Speaks App and all is well....so....it actually was the motion detector that was chatting and flooding the network thus slowing down my hub. I will state here the offending device:

KAIPULE Wall-Mounted Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Sensor - Comaptible with Fibaro,HomeSeer and Vera and,White
Sold by: KAIPULE SMART

I replaced the detector with two different units and both the same problem. This motion detector appears to be a knock-off of a Be Smart device. They look the same physically but it is a bad clone. I just wanted other users to be aware of this if they decide to use this model. It was purchased on amazon. Also I wanted to remove the blame on the Echo Speaks App for causing the problem.

5 Likes

I’m glad everything worked out for you

:point_up_2: That doesn’t surprise me

2 Likes

I having the same slowdown issues - slow web response, events that used to run quickly are taking 30-40 seconds or more. I've just rebooted and am running a ZWave network repair now - although that is taking forever. I have 75 devices, including virtual switches... Other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, when ZW repair is done, should I enable full logging?

I found out the problem was a device that was chatting too much....try Live logging and see if you have a device that is flooding the mesh. You may want to see what other users have found with their hubs....

Thanks MrStanley... I started my ZW repair > 2 hours ago and it's still running. Chatty devices will impact this as well, correct?

Anything running on the zwave network will slow it down. Zwave can only communicate in series. If you have something like Zwave poller running, the repair will be done tomorrow.

2 posts were split to a new topic: RM Exit Rule