Hub Registration / Find Hub Not Working

I've had my C-5 for a couple of years now. Haven't really had any major problems until after I moved. Some weeks ago, my hub seems to have unregistered itself from portal.hubitat.com. The portal is no longer able to find my hub. I'm not sure when this occurred, I have been having trouble with integrations for several weeks now, just haven't had the time to look into it.

Please help me re-register my hub. Thank you!
@bobbyD @support_team :yellow_heart:

The hub registration is a function of the cloud interface. If the hub has been disconnected from the cloud for an extended period of time, the hub will no longer show under the Registered Hubs page on my.hubitat.com. To remedy the problem, first reboot the hub from Settings. If that doesn't resolve the cloud connectivity issue, then you may want to look at your network settings to make sure that the hub isn't blocked from connecting to the internet.

2 Likes

Thank you, good call. It can successfully ping 1.1.1.1, but cannot traceroute 1.1.1.1 nor resolve the speedtest url -- sooo I need to figure out what's going on here...

I'm lost. The hub is plugged into the same switch as the computer I'm on. I can successfully run a tracert to 1.1.1.1 from a command prompt, but it fails on the hubs network test page.

Soft Reset has not resolved this :frowning:

I wouldn't think it would. This is a network problem and the Soft Reset wouldn't help with that. Have you set a static ip on the hub at previous location? There are two things you might want to try if you confirmed that nothing within your local network may prevent the hub's access to internet (E.G. firewall settings, blocked ports, etc):

1. Use the Diagnostic Tool to update the time from browser, then wait a few hours to see if the hub reconnects.
  2. Switch to DHCP server and reboot both the hub and the router.
2 Likes

The clock was off by a couple of minutes..
Hub is in DHCP mode. The router provides its IP correctly.
I cannot find anything network-wise that would prevent the hub from accessing the internet any differently than any other device connected..

I've even moved the hub to a different network.. It can ping, but not traceroute -- makes no sense.

Uses ICMP.

Linux traceroute uses UDP probe packets. @gopher.ny and @bobbyD - does the traceroute in the Hubitat GUI use the LInux traceroute?

DNS resolution also uses UDP. Sounds to me like there's a issue with UDP packets leaving your network. Reboot your router and modem. When they come back up, reboot Hubitat.

1 Like

Thank you, Seems my DNS settings changed recently and it blocked incoming UDP. I managed to open a UDP rule for the hub and it has connection again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.