Hub or controller for Zigbee?

I'm the same way. I have almost all of the hubs and various other controllers and open source systems deployed. Kinda a thing when you do integrations. Latest I'm working with is CharmedQuark which is a beast the only thing I can compare it to is Crestron for the complexity and capability.

I have CQC and Dean’s a stalwart but I found it just too much of a labour of love. It eats your time and so it’s unfortunately never got the attention it deserves. It also lacked MQTT support until recently.

Yeah the new MQTT support is fresh and I think needs some tweaks. Dean is really focused maybe too much on the Linux port of the system which will be interesting. I've been back and forth on updates to the ISY v2 driver as it's missing some key devices and functions like... SCENES... LOL kinda a important Insteon thing.

HE offers me a solid and expanding device in terms of peripheral devices , is fast and affordable, dissapointing a little in the UI glitz but offers good access programmatically. It’s well positioned between geek and average end user. I can make it do what I want so it suits me, although I am not a RM convert.

It would not suit though if I had the slowdown issues as dependability is key.

There are just a couple of other controllers in that category and I use them but I’m now increasingly familiar with HE, have three hubs so for a quick idea they are ideal for me.

This is very accurate. Easy to use but has accessible features. I use HE as a device controller as well and my other system manage the apps and logic. This for me is nice and stable and provides a lot of flexibility and stable integrations with components not native to HE or not accessible from HE. The reverse gives me good Zigbee to systems that have poor or no Zigbee support. However I've found that a lot of my Zigbee use has declined over the last year. I also like DeCONZ for the integration as it's very simple and the websocket is a vast improvement over the Hue bridge integration.

I use Deconz passingly .. from HA mainly and at the time because they supported the IKEA blinds first. I can’t say I’ve had a great experience or would recommend it but the idea is good and I hope it becomes more stable. Just at the moment (last few days) it has been behaving much better.. even nicely !

It's an evolving project.... like Home Assistant :slight_smile: