Hub no longer responds to App or Alexa

Recently my two Hubitat C-5 hubs running v2.3.4.114 will no longer work with the Hubitat app or Alexa. The app Dashboard says "No response from hub" and Alexa says device not responding when a command is given. I have rebooted hubs and wifi/router. Both hubs have static IP's and when in app/settings/select hub both hubs show up but when hub is selected it errors and says it timed out waiting for mobile app defices. This may have started with last hub update but can't confirm for sure.

Static on the hubs or a DHCP reservation on the router. If static on the hub make sure that you have a valid DNS server IP configured (for most it should be 1.1.1.1)

1 Like

What's the color of the hub's LED? Do they have static IPs or DHCP reservations?

1 Like

Post a screenshot of your network setup on the hub, with the static IP section open.

Example:

Static IP on the hub and that IP is not in the DHCP range on router.

1.1.1.1 is the CloudFlare DNS server

Hub LED is solid green. Static IP's on both hubs.

I'm unable to see the static IP settings other than the IP and Switch to DHCP. Should I try switching to DHCP, then back to static IP???

Yes that is odd, Maybe if you switch to DHCP you can then see the static settings. Make sure you set a proper DNS server in the static settings, a good test may be to use a combo of 1.1.1.1, 9.9.9.9

Then if that works you can set it back your local DNS, router or otherwise, and then test again.

Your issue appears to be some sort of DNS problem.

I just tried to check for updates through the hub and it is hanging on the "Checking for update..."

I will try switching to DHCP to see if that works, then back to static.

Ok, I switched to DHCP and everything worked again. Switched back to static keeping the same settings and all is working. Problem solved but I didn't actually change anything, only switched to DHCP and back to static, all with the same settings.

Thanks to all for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.