Hub Mesh between 2.3.1.142 and 2.3.2.126

I just loaded 2.3.2.126 on a couple of my hubs. Now my hubs on 2.3.1.142 won't load Devices. Anyone seen this?

Alan

yes, this happened to me in the beta release had to upgrade all of my to the latest release

Power down hub from the settings menu. Unplug power (from the wall not the hub) for 5 mins and power back up. Let us know how they are.

I also raised this in beta testing.
@gopher.ny did respond to me.
Perhaps a further comment @gopher.ny so i do not misquote you. :wink:

2.3.2 has a child device handling bit that causes some functionality in 2.3.1 to malfunction. Two way device synchronization still works, but listing devices does not. We can't retroactively fix it in 2.3.1, so please update the other hub(s) to 2.3.2 as well (when you can) to get the full functionality back.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Will do at the next interval.

Also, when playing with the new UI, not being able to multi-select devices to add is a major pain in the butt when working with more than a few devices. Also, to make the UI more frustrating, the Hub you are selecting from will jump on the screen to first position when returning making you search for the Hub again on the screen.

Alan

Which tab are you referring to?

Are you trying to add a linked device? The available hubs on Linked devices page are sorted alphabetically.

Tab settings-->Hub Mesh-->Linked Devices

Sorted: No they aren't initially

and after I add a device from say the Ping hub, this is the refreshed screen:

I am using 2.3.2.128 and it can find no devices on the other hub. Frustrating!!

Can we work through things?
Forgive me for these stupid questions but......
Are all your hubs on the same build?
Have you enabled hub mesh on the devices you wish to share?

2 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but why would you only update one (or some hubs) and not all of them? If I decide to apply an update to a hub, it's my practice to make sure all are running the same firmware to minimize opportunities for problems such as this to occur.

1 Like

Totally agree.
That's why I asked the question.
Ironically since I asked the question there has been no response.
Maybe it was the right question to ask.:wink: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have you seen the number of patches? I update 1 or 2 hubs to make sure there is no regression or new bugs with old items. Then after a few days/weeks, i upgrade the rest.

Haven't you heard to never install the .0 version of a Microsoft product? :slight_smile:

1 Like