Hub locked up

Support team,

This morning I noticed my Hub was not responding to motion lighting. I logged into the hub to find the 500 error. I ended up removing power and everything returned to normal.

In the past log I'm seeing this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Interesting. I have the exact same issue here. When trying to access the console all I get is a 500 error as per the image below.

Looks like the hub went offline at around midnight. I had the logs open on my pc overnight and saw random sql issues. The messages were different but they were sql errors. Trying to access the reboot URL gave me java errors.

I ended up restoring the firmware and latest backup and I’m back in business.

It’s just strange to see another report on the same night.

It is becoming very common unfortunately.

Is there a method for easily getting a report that would include a list of Apps and Devices loaded on a hub. Something as simple as this. It seems like many of these slowdowns are pointing to the Chromecast and Alexa apps and a few other apps with cloud connections. If users could include a list of apps for others to compare, it might be a bit easier to figure things out.

Chromecast Integration (beta)

Cobra Apps

Flasher

Cobra Apps

Google Home

Hubitat® Simple Lighting

Blink Switch turns off when mode changes to Day
Blink Switch Turns On when Mode changes to Night
Everything off at 1:00am
Hall Bath Fan toggled when Xiaomi Button 3 button 1 pushed
HW Switch on at 5:00am
HW Switch on at 5:00pm
Kitchen All Lights ON and OFF
Kitchen lights on with motion 5am to 5pm
Kitchen lights on with motion 645pm to 11pm
Outside all turned on and off
Toggle Dresser, Nightstand when Hall Bath Fob H1 button 3 pushed
Turn Off Carsons Fan, Carson's Lamp at 7:00 AM
Turn Off FP Monitoring Paused VS when Wyze Front Monitor VS turns on
Turn Off Master Bath when 360 Mandy not present
Turn On Kitchen All when Kitchen turns on
Turn On Sofa Table Lamp at 5:15am off at 7:30 weekdays
Turn On Wyze Front Monitor VS at 8:00 AM

Hubitat® Simple Lighting

Hubitat™ Safety Monitor

Batteries Low Armed
HSM Rule

IFTTT Integration

Life360 Connector

Link to Hub

Maker API

Mode Manager

Reliable Locks

Reliable Office Lock

Reliable Locks
Reliable Locks Instance

Rule Machine

Alarm On Locks Office Door, Camera Monitoring on [false]
Alarm On Options [false]

Based on the logs posted by the OP, his slowdown is a database issue, which may or may not be related to a rogue App.

Greetings to all:
I have got same error 500 message and my Hub stop responding at mid night or so. Then I had to reboot the Hub. But again this morning, it is very very slow. I am not sure if there any help from support team. In past I asked for help with similar, but I did not get close attention.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles. Have you tried disabling your custom code (for both drivers and apps) to see if your problems persist? Also, are there any errors in your logs? Feel free to PM me as many details as you can, and we will be happy to take another look.

Also, if you need help gathering additional details, here is a document that you may find helpful in collecting more details about your hub's problem:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_collect_information_for_support

1 Like