Hub locked, and yet it **is** accessible

Lol, now that I read it again I see the joke...

BTW, you just summarized in 2 line my view on these security related requests... Thanks, I fell understood! :yum:

Having 2 teenage daughters and my youngest is very tech savvy, I just handed her the wifi password and told her she's now in charge of security... Easier that way, because she already knew the password.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think that moment will come for me too... my daugter is 5 but she was calling me on skyke from her iPad since she was 2... I think I'm scared, I need to hold on to that super hero, fixer, know it all figure for a little bit longer...

I had a setup with OpenDNS and other techniques to keep them from getting to "bad" sites including illegal streaming. This was almost 15 years ago. One night I walked into my 13 year old daughters room around midnight and caught her streaming a movie. Turns out she figured out how to use a VPN tunnel and changing her resolve.conf file on her MAC to bypass my "security."

That started a battle which resolved itself when she turned 16 and was mature enough to handle the Internet.

At least that's the story I tell myself so I could sleep.....

I have been the admin of my parents home network since I was in 5th grade. Would occasionally ban my sister's mac address and take things apart (usually break them in the process)...but I guess I learned a thing or two.

thanks for this (possibly), my hub had locked completely on 80 and 8080.
I have run
curl "http://hubitat:8080/hub/reboot" -data '' {"message":"Hub rebooting"}curl: (6) Could not resolve host: ''

and now I need to re-register! This may be unrelated to the reboot.. after all it had locked up!