Hub locked, and yet it **is** accessible

Ok Patrick, don't get mad, we are just looking options.

My friends, I just ordered a TP Link wifi plug, just in case I need it.

I'm not mad at all. Just pointing out that if something has crashed, it can't be remotely accessed. Plus the role of support isn't to manage your hub or reboot it for you.

When it comes back up, you can help look at what might have caused it by looking at past logs or start removing likely suspects and seeing if the hub returns to stable.

1 Like

As a last ditch effort, I also tried PowerShell with a POST command, but I am not a PS guru at all, so the error doesn't surprise me at all.

The question is, is the PS COMMAND correct?

The hub main process has crashed, since it isn't responding on port 80. Doing a post to it isn't going to work. Only a reboot will.

Sigh!

Double Sigh!!

Where's that bottle of ethanol?

J

Lol, don't drink it, put it in your car gas tank to drive back home

Wouldn't selecting v1.1.7.118 work as a reboot?

It downgrades to 118 then is back to life, ready to do the upgrade again.

Need a way to auto reboot the hub. Maybe a sonoff swith with custom firmware that reboot the hub when it get a 404 response.

1 Like

Very clever...

1 Like

Bruce has responded to this type of question before. Predictably he's against fixing a repeating problem with a hammer. You will, over time, do more harm by pulling the power. Not everytime,

1 Like

Only if it works. :smiley:

1 Like

Yet it's the only solution to reboot the hub isn't it :slight_smile:

Don't know. I can't test, my hub isn't locked. :slight_smile:

If selecting 1.1.7.118 then tells the other process to reboot, it won't.. that "side" is locked up.

I am back up and running again, in a very round-about way:
Clearly great minds think alike!!!

Was dealing with @bobbyD in a private thread, and then later @patrick also suggested the same thing.

As port 8081 was still responding:
Downgraded to system OS 1.1.7.119 successfully
Restore last night's system DB backup (just in case)
Reverted to system OS 1.1.7.120 successfully. (my current version)

Will see how she runs! Methinks it is time to put one one those many Wi-Fi switches I gave to good use!

Thanks all for the assistance
J

3 Likes

See, very clever...

1 Like

I can't agree more that yanking the plug is quite satisfying. Teaches that hub not to mess with ME.. hehehehe. :smiley:

BUT I won't do that as long as port 8081 behaves as we've seen tonight.

1 Like

Oh yes, that's why I said interesting information, I had some weird issues and I never tested port 8081

It is also very fortunate that the system OS restore also does a reboot... :slight_smile:

Just as a data point....I've had this happen to me twice before and doing a POST to the reboot link worked for me. I have this setup as a Tasker task on my android phone for just this purpose.

Now you should post how to do that! I'm not a Tasker user :sleepy: