Hub Link Questions

And you're saying that having Multiple Hubs is the only solution for that kind of delay and that simply adding a second hub will get you motion lights processing at 108 times as fast?

I was actually told by Bruce to use two hubs back in my early Hubitat days. The reasoning was that two hubs and two meshes basically increases the amount of bandwidth available and allows each hub to run events, rules, etc in parallel.

There is only one event loop that processes incoming events. That can be blocked by a long running rule or app.. I’ve witnessed that myself in the past. That’s probably what you were up against when you saw that variability in performance.

2 Likes

I will add that a lot of people have dramatic slowdown without reboots. My rules will fire slowly or not at all if the hub is up more than a week or so. No problem, I reboot it once a week during server downtime. I did just order a second hub to segregate all my zigbee light bulbs so I can have 1 hub for light automation and 1 for custom apps/all other zigbee devices. Looking forward to trying out hub connect. I had my bulbs on hue bridge and while the hue link works great, I would rather hubitat control the lights.

I tried moving my Hue lights to my 2nd HE and was very disappointed in their performance on HE. They work much better on the Hue bridge as far as transitions, on/off, group performance, pretty much in every way. On HE the Hue bulbs made my Sylvania and Sengled look like rock stars.

1 Like

I’m adding non hue bulbs I had on my hue... dang well If it’s slower I’m out. I was under the impression it was just as fast.

I was only speaking of Hue bulbs. The Hue just didn’t seem very reliable or smooth when not on the Hue hub. My Sylvania and Sengled are lightning fast on HE and work perfectly using zigbee group messaging. You didn’t mention the brand of bulb you’re using on the Hue bridge so I assumed you were speaking of Hue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.