Hub just crashed again, twice in a week now

All I am saying is the response should be, "How can I help you?" not "What did you do?" which is how it came across this morning.

I do not disagree with you on this point at all.

Could you then explain me how to do it correctly? Yes, I seen posts about but nothing in how to do it correctly.

Remember, I just got this car, 10 years warranty or 100,000 miles, I just got less than 2 months and needs a new transmission.

In rule machine setup this:

Respectfully, I believe that is reading into their response. Nothing like that was stated. I went back and read their responses. I see suggestions of how to to help them help us, and I see them communicating their experience thus far. I see no finger pointing or blame.

Thanks, do you have Smarttiles? I ask because I have my z wave mesh slow, I noticed when doing this Smarttiles do logs too because it thinks something changed, right now I don't have anything refreshing in RM but my mesh get slow sometimes. There is an option for polling instead refreshing, what is the difference?

4 Likes

No, I believe in KISS, so I use as much Stock as possible. No Webcore, and only 5 custom apps, and 2 custom devices. Lots of RM and simple lighting. Stability (WAF) is much more important to me than bleeding edge.

There is an option for polling instead refreshing, what is the difference?

Guessing here, but looking at a devicetype, It is what function it calls in the devicetype. The devicetype probably needs to be supported in it.

I'm not going to argue semantics here. If the customer feels it, does it matter. Perception is reality, better that it is pointed out and its gets better, than not.

Yeah, I swapped ST with Webcore and Actiontiles to HE with RM and Smarttiles, it's been a little hard to explain my problems, my language limitations. I will have to wait until someone else gets the same problem and HE fixes it. Good Luck.

I only have two custom apps. Message Central and Bloomsky Connect.. I like KISS too.. but so far only PITA. :slight_smile: So now I've removed all my Sonoff devices as well. Trying to go all stock as much as possible.

I do use SmartTiles and you are right about the state of the device but it's usually the device is at fault for not updating its status. You can try polling that device. Not sure there's anything else you can do with SmartTiles to improve it though.

My biggest complain is the slow z wave mesh, I just see the lights turn on in the sunset, the zigbees turned on, the z wave 10 seconds later turned on, ohh well, it's my fault.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Nothing to do with SmartTiles and Z-Wave though. You have an issue with your Z-Wave. Hope it will sorted out soon.

1 Like

And now I get to eat crow :stuck_out_tongue: it looks like one of my custom apps might have caused this. Don't know why since I have been running that code for over 2 months... sigh...

1 Like

Hope it wasn’t one of mine! :slight_smile:

Nope, one of mine...

1 Like

Phew!

how did you come to this conclusion? did support provide some info that points to this?

They did, it could be something else, but knowing my luck...