Hub has ground to a halt. Extremely slow

I reconnected 2 devices to my HE on Sunday to see if things have improved regarding the speed of the hub.
I am running the latest firmware and have 2 simple lighting rules.
One turns a Porch light on and off at sunset/sunrise while the other turns a cupboard light on and off when a contact sensor opens/closes.
This morning I noticed that the porch light did not turn off and the cupboard light does not turn on.
I have various other devices defined but not connected and a couple of webCoRE pistons for switching modes.
When I click on the menus it can take up to 2 minutes for the menu to open.
I have not touched the hub as this could be an opportunity for you guys to have a look and see what's going on.
Let me know if you want me to raise a ticket or do anything.

@mike.maxwell has said there is a performance update coming, they're just still in testing stages. However, did you try this fix for webCoRE?

Did you edit the automation and click "done" as per the release notes?

Hubitat Simple Lighting: Update to sunrise/sunset event scheduling NOTE : you must open every Simple Lighting rule that uses sunrise or sunset, and hit Done for them to work properly after this update.

Full notes here

To answer both questions.
Neither device is using webCoRE so that is not the cause.
The rules were defined AFTER the hub was updated to the latest firmware version and were working OK.
Thanks for the replies though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, you’ve been experiencing slow performance for some time now, correct?

I wonder if it would make sense to reach out to support@hubitat.com to go through a factory reset procedure to make sure you’re starting with a clean baseline?

Your correct. Things started to run slowly about 2 updates ago when other people were experiencing problems after an update. As I was going away I moved everything back to ST to ensure some stability.
I then thought I would move a couple of things back to see if the latest firmware update had improved things.
Initially everything was great but now things have dropped off again.
I just thought that this might be an opportunity for the Hubitat guys to have a good poke about to see if they could identify what the root cause is. Whether it be how I'm using it or a software issue.

1 Like

My hub also ground to a halt on 1.1.3(.113 but really on all of them)--literally in that the web admin UI eventually just stopped responding at all (or at least I got tired after waiting a few minutes for any page to load), and I think by that point most/all of my automations stopped working, too. They had always been a bit slow, taking probably 5-10 seconds longer than normal to execute, but when they completely stopped working I decided to downgrade to 1.1.2. Everything is working fine now. :slight_smile:

This weekend they said they were working on a performance-related hotfix for 1.1.3. Maybe that will help us (though unlike you, mine was slow the whole time on 1.1.3--and I tried uninstalling apps that I thought might be problematic like Other Hub and MQTT Bridge). I sent a ticket to support this weekend but still haven't heard back...

I've had exactly the same thing happen here, Support have been great, and still currently helping out on some oddities I'm getting.

Same slowness here. Seems to vary in severity throughout the day.

@bobbles Yes, we would like to take a look at your hub. Have you created a ticket already?

@bertabcd1234 We have a hotfix in testing for those people who were reporting issues with zwave locks not working properly with 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, it is not a general performance improvement hotfix.

Hi @chuck.schwer
Just sent an email to support@hubitat.com to log the issue.

I was referring to the post from @mike.maxwell here where he said:

We're expecting a performance related hot fix for 1.1.3 today [Aug. 19] if testing continues to go well on it.

Did testing not go well? :slight_smile: I'm back on 1.1.2 now because 1.1.3 is too slow for me to use and I still haven't heard back from support@hubitat.com regarding the e-mail about this that I sent this weekend.

I’m not saying my hub has ground to a halt, it has not. However, the slowdown in the GUI is noticeable, but on the bright side, device operation is still normal.

1 Like

Testing has gone fine, we have not released it yet though. And the changes were specific to the zwave network, so that was a miscommunication about "performance"

Can I have this hotfix? I have a lock and the performance issues you mention on the z wave mesh.

Ah. Alas, unless it's a Z-Wave device or two bringing my whole hub down, the problems I've noticed are mostly with ZigBee and LAN (Hue) devices, in addition to virtual switches I mostly use via the Alexa skill.

Still would love to hear back from Support about my ticket, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vjv The update is available for everyone now.

1 Like

Is it expected that this will address the wider performance issues being reported I.e performance as it was prior to 1.1.3?

It does not

Thanks, testing now, I will let you know in the night, when I saw the problem was worse.