Hub froze

Ahhh... no comment, thank you :slight_smile:

This works on the devices page as well :wink:

I had my hub lock up this afternoon. Had to unplug it to get it back to work.

The only thing in the logs was that it could not reach my Sonos devices. I'll try disabling that functionality.

Meanwhile if someone has suggestions or knows of a solution?

Are you running Chromecast (Beta)?
That caused me hub lock up issues.
It was awhile ago now so it may not be an issue anymore but thought I would mention it.
I'm running the Sonos integration and it is OK for me.
Any other custom device handlers or apps running?
Support have advised that you can try disabling a few custom apps/drivers at a time and see if things improve to try and troubleshoot what can be causing your issues.

I have disabled a few custom apps and drivers. For example, Inreplaced Life360 with States for the default Life360 connector.

I've written a driver for a Sony tv that allows me to start tv apps such as Plex, youtube, amazon etc to be started from Hubitat. Don't feel that would be an issue.

Verify the unit is adequately ventilated / cooled. Multiple people have had hub lockups due to heat when installing it in a media cabinet, etc, on top of hot equipment.

After that, start disabling user code and apps. You might not THINK your self created device is the issue, but that doesn't mean it is not....

This.

My media cabinet is vented with three fans, but my hub still locked up. It is now mounted vertically behind the media cabinet using thin command strips. If I had thought through it better, I would have mounted it face down.

It froze again this morning. Limited it to only original drivers and it is located on top of a cabinet in the open.

I am running hubconnect to smartthings. Could that be an issue?

Doubtful.

If it is really down to no other user code (apps and drivers), and you don't have any RM4 rules that could be doing bad stuff (multiple simultaneous executions, etc), then maybe you just have a bad hub?

Could it be the lan connections? Asus or Netgear router? I had issues with lockups and slowdowns (if I noticed it in time) until I disabled every integration that used a lan connection. When I disabled NST manager and TP-Link, which weren’t throwing any errors, and suddenly everything sped up I figured it must be a problem with the lan. You may want to check out this thread Hubitat web is VERY slow. It defeats the benefit of local processing
Bobby patched mine and it has been working better than it ever did, plus I had the choice to revert the patch if it didn’t work.

What exactly did he patch? Your hub or the TP-Link router? I believe I read something where the full duplex mode couldn't be detected properly.

I have two Asus routers (RT-88) in a mesh configuration, hardwired together. The Hubitat hub is hardwire into my 2nd Asus. The primary Asus router is in an EdgeOS router that replaced my Google fiber router.

I have LAN connections going to NST as well as Lutron and Smartthings (via Hubconnect).

The Lutron hub is hardwired into the primary router, so for Hubitat to get to the Lutron hub it has to traverse routers (or Access points since they are setup as such).

@JasonJoel
I have rules configured sort of like this:

1. Mode Manager switches mode to daytime, evening, night, etc.
  2. RM configured to respond to mode changes that trigger a scene and a group
    (I use groups to switch a group of devices to Off, and scenes to configure certain lights to On)

As far as I can tell there are no loops created by the rules I set up.

The only thing I have been doing is to have multiple browser tabs open to HE to configure devices and rules and sometimes forget to close those

BTW: my hub is C5

1 Like

Sounds reasonable to me, too.

He applied a patch to the hub for auto-negotiation enable. I just emailed support and said I was having issues with lan connections and asked them to patch it to see if it would help. It was applied as a temporary patch, then I had to send a command (which he emailed to me) to the hub to make it permanent, otherwise it would revert back upon rebooting.
Btw, I wasn’t seeing errors with NST manager, just a lot of log entries. I uninstalled it and the difference was immediate. It’s the one thing that caused a very noticeable difference. C-5 hub as well.

I see the same excessive log entries in that code for NST manager. Maybe I'll dive into it and see if I can fix that. My guess is that he's polling the eventstream continiously.

Speaking about Nest, there is no reason anymore for HE not to support Nest. Google has walked back the whole "not supporting 3rd parties" thing they announced a while ago. I still might move to Ecobee but then I still have 3 nest protects to deal with :frowning:

Anyway, I sent support an email and will see how they respond.

They didn't walk back, after the 31st of last month no new Works with Nest connections are allowed. Everything must be connected to the new works with Google instead.

1 Like

Last week they applied the patch to my hub but unfortunately this morning it froze up again.

My hub froze again his morning as well.
C-4
platform: 2.1.4.130
Only pings would respond, none of the web interfaces at any ports

Add me too. It is not the first time my hub is frozen. sadly it happens when I'm traveling and my wife claims me for it. I have noticed that many times it freezes (after disconnecting and reconnecting it again) there is a pending update message