Hub C9 Pro request

If i did not have the C8 already i would get the pro. But if you are planning a C9 Pro can i request a few things. 4G memory, Faster Proccessor, POE port, and an SD Card slot for onboard storage of give us on board storage of 32G with a larger file size limit. There are audio file i like to play for my pets while gone but they are several hundred MB in size.

Look forward to seeing C9 Pro

OK, thanks, now you've made me feel like a bad, insensitive dog owner. I've never eventhought about playing music for my dogs when away. :wink: Do you have a way to determine what kind of music they seem to prefer?

2 Likes

Not imagining "who let the dogs out" for cat owner.

1 Like

If you have an Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod, or Google Home device, why not just start playing music on one of those before leaving the house? Seems like an easy, robust, free way of entertaining the pets when away (assuming you have unlimited Internet.)

3 Likes

Thanks to your very cool Harmony integration :wink: , I can turn on my TV remotely set to the music activity, and though I haven't tried it yet, maybe I could start playing music from my Nest hub (which defaults to playing music from Apple Music to my Harmony Music activity) remotely. I mean if I'm going to seranade them, I want it to be w/surround sound. :slight_smile:

Looks like it should work...

I am so going to hit my dogs up w/some excellent Neil Diamond the next time I'm out of the house. Everybody loves Neil, right?! Yes!

3 Likes

Puppy Love?????? :dog:

2 Likes

Oh, Donny!!! :wink:

Fun fact, Paul Anka wrote that song for Annette Funicello (of Mickey Mouse Club fame) when he had a crush on her.

2 Likes

You can tell it's for dogs because it says dogs twice in the title.

2 Likes

Maybe instead if the hub had a spare USB port that would allow an external SSD to be connected.
(far less cost and far more utility)

1 Like

There is music out there that is ment to calm dogs while gone. That is what i play and seems to work well. Therenis many on youtube. I have a few that are 1 hour each and just have the system play one of them at random so its not always the same thing.

1 Like

I like more control over it and dont eant an echo in there. I use my sonos that i have thoughout the house.

You really should check out home assistant. Its on another tier of complexity and possibilities.

I still use home assistant and hubitat together. Hubitat has rock-solid zigbee and zwave.

2 Likes

I have but its not as straight forward as hubitat. And i have my wife also use hubitat incase i an not around. I dont want to overwhelm her with HA.

I know HA is powerful and there are alot of intergrations there that hubitat does not.

I am also supporting a few friends and family. And no way would i have them use HA. They are not that tech savvy.

1 Like

We used to have a dog with severe seperation anxiety (she destroyed 3 crates). I would play the “Calm my dog” channel on Amazon. music for them when we left the house. Worked fairly well. At the time we hade about 9 echo dots and 2 ecobee thermostats with Alexa so the whole house was covered.

Doesn’t the C8 pro already have 4g memory and a faster processing? I think that’s legit the only real difference. As for POE, you can do that now with a splitter, all of my hubs run in splitters. I do like the idea of an SD Card slot.

3 Likes

The C-8 Pro has 2GB of RAM, which is twice the amount RAM of all previous Hubitat hubs. :wink:

1 Like

Anh. I thought they all had 2 and the C8 doubled to 4.

I mean, home assistant has gotten a lot more user friendly over the past few years, as long as your family sticks to the GUI side. You can configure the custom stuff like dog songs via yaml and just leave that untouched, while everybody else uses automations to make rules (like RM) and devices tab to discover devices (like device discovery tab on hubitat)

Some of us would rather not…

2 Likes

Most? :slight_smile:

Yaml-me not, please. :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely does not require knowing YAML to set up. This can be done right from GUI.