Hub C-7 discoverable only in the app and i cant claim

I just purchased a C-7 i have it connected and the app is able to find it however its not being found in the browser. In the app im not able to click the claim button. Im a bit stuck on where togo from here.

@bobbyD might be able to assist you with this, but it sounds like the hub may not be able to see the internet (this is the one time internet is required).

1 Like

Is it not found in a browser on a different device, or the same device? We know that screen resolution on some phones prevent clicking the "claim" button. The best way to work around this issue is to register the hub from a browser. But if the hub isn't discovered in a regular browser, that is a problem. Please send me a private message with your hub's MAC address so we can further investigate.

Can you please pm me? I am having a similar (maybe exact) issue.

Tagging @support

While you wait for support on the long holiday weekend there are a couple things you can try if you want... what color is the LED? If it's green that means the UI is successfully running. If you look in your router's DHCP table can you find the hub? It is possible it's having trouble getting a network connection. If you can find the hub can you ping it and can you get to it with a browser?

1 Like

If it’s green and you can’t find it, you could also try:

3 Likes

Just to add to that, the MAC address in your router should start with 34:E1 for Hubitat devices. Your specific MAC will be on the hub.

If you can find the IP address (usually 192.xxx.xxx.xx) listed for Hubitat in your router, you can type that right into the browser address bar, and it should go right to the hub interface.

1 Like

same problem here. IP times out before found. have tried multiple things found in forum. I am on Mac OS, Google Fiber with google nest router

Welcome to Hubitat forums!

What color is the light on the hub? (hopefully green).

I assume you tried a different network cable. Did you try a different port on your router, and is the hub on the same network as your computer (not on different subnets)? Can you see the hub in the router?

I have heard of this happening when the hub and the computer were on different Nest "points" I guess they call those pucks.

Anything else you tried?

Not listed on goole nest devices. Tried different cables 2 new one that came with google nest that had not been used before.

Tried connecting through google home. Tried set up device works with google- selected Hubitat- response was something went wrong try again. Tried multiple times same error message. Have contacted google home support

Yes green light is on hub

This really sounds like you have a networking issue, but I will tag @support_team to see if they have any other suggestions of things to do.

2 Likes

Can you PM me your hub's MAC address (on the underside of the hub)?
I can check if the hub connected to/called the cloud at any point.