hsmAlertHandler: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'descriptionText' on null object on line 2884

I create a Custom Monitoring Rule to monitor the garage door lock. When garage door lock is unlocked, kitchen light will be turned on. Whenever this rule is triggered, I see the following error, even though the kitchen light is properly turned on.

[app:214] 2021-02-12 09:08:36.661 pm [error] java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'descriptionText' on null object on line 2884 (hsmAlertHandler)

app:214 is a "null" app. Clicking on "error" brings me to webCRE app.

I double check the device setting for the garage door lock and kitchen light. Both of them have "Enable Description Text Logging?" on. I don't see this error with Hubitat Safety Monitor where the kitchen light is also used. I am running 2.2.5.131 on C-7 hub. Any suggestion?

Does the error go away if you uninstall webcore?

1 Like

Error goes away after I uninstall webcore. But I am see the following error message every 11 seconds:

[sys:1] 2021-02-13 08:48:24.081 am Received cloud request for App 214 that does not exist, path: /intf/dashboard/load from xx.xx.xx.xx

(xx.xx.xx.xx is my public address)

Reinstall webcore doesn't make this message goes away, and the java error comes back.

I restored to an old backup without Custom Monitoring Rule and tried it again. I ran into the same issue and couldn't figure out how to fix it. Too bad I can't use Custom Monitoring Rule. I have to use webcore instead.