HSM shock sensors

It says in HSM that it supports shock sensors. But there's no separate dialog box to select them, so does this mean that they are lumped in as contact sensors?

However when I select an Smartthings Multipurpose sensor I assume HSM only reacts to the contact sensor section only and not to the vibration sensor part (as well)?

Although I know that I can use a custom rule in HSM to use vibration sensors I was wondering if this shouldn't be part of the main HSM sensor list? After all the there is only 1 shock device in the compatible device listing (Vision ZS5101) which appears to be just a vibration sensor.

And a second question, custom monitoring rules are subject to normal mode changes but how can they be "armed" in the same way as the main sensor list? That is, can they be armed when HSM is set to intrusion away/home/night?

EDIT: OK so I found a post by @bravenel way back in 2019 mentioning this. However I would suggest that vibration sensors are a key aspect of perimeter security and ask if at least this particular class be included as an option.

Otherwise I can easily create a new RM rule specifically for this but it makes more sense to me that this is part of HSM.

Both HSM and HSM Rule support Shock Sensors. But, they won't offer that as a choice unless you have one or more installed in your system.

I'd second the request made by @rocketwiz for HSM to add support for acceleration sensors

I'm coming from SmartThings where the monitoring system there triggers an alarm from both the SmartThings Multipurpose sensor contact opening and the acceleration being active.

I understand that Shock Sensors are being offered but the request is for acceleration sensors being supported as the SmartThings multipurpose sensors show up with the acceleration attribute

1 Like

As indicated here, acceleration sensors are different. Shock sensors are generally glass break sensors which do work fine with HSM

understood. Shock sensors work with HSM, acceleration sensors do not.
Can HSM modified to add support for acceleration sensors is the request to the Hubitat staff

On the acceleration sensor topic I continue to wish that the driver for the ST Multi had x-y-z delta/offset reporting sensitivity or thresholds like we are now seeing HE folk build into other drivers (% change on temp & humidity @mike.maxwell ). I suspect the reporting functions differently but it would be cool if the driver could make up for the capability the device doesn't offer.

Case in point - I want to be alerted when someone actually SITS in the tractor seat, ...not when a gust of wind jostles it. (Before somebody asks- yes this sensor gets removed from the tractor before use. The magnet stays on the underside of the seat, the sensor does not.)