HSM Not Disarming?

Can someone explain the following? The HSM was disarmed at 12:37. Then at 12:38 we entered the house and the alarm goes off. Here are the logs.

Can you take a screenshot of the app events. Use gear icon to open app status page, then Events button at the top.

Unfortunately no. We are in and out all weekend and I can't take the chance of it going off again. So I deleted the app until I have time to work on it. I have my own app that I was using which I know works. I just thought HSM would be more efficient, etc. Still do for that matter. I'll try to duplicate events next week with HSM.

I use modes to arm/disarm. I know the mode changed just like it should have. Since the log said HSM was disarmed, I assumed it was disarmed.

For future reference, you can disable an app without deleting it. In the upper right corner of the Apps page is grayed-out X. Click on that and a hidden column of checkboxes will appear on the left side of the list of apps. Click on the checkbox to disable an app.

That's nice to know. Would have made a lot of my debugging a lit simpler.

I re-created HSM with the exception of the only alert I will get is a text. So if it goes off it won't be a problem and I can see what happened. It will have plenty of chances this weekend.

Didn't get any false alarms this evening, but noticed something unusual in the events.
Here is the configuration of HSM for arming/disarming.

Here is the mode status events:

Here is the HSM events

You can see that at 4:57 the mode went to away. HSM went to Away then Night. Why did it go to night? The mode stayed in Away.

It looks like you set your mode to away first. How did you do that? Through a dashboard? Rule?

Yes the mode was set to Away by presence when we left the house just before 5. It stayed in Away mode till we got home a little after 8. So HSM should have stayed in armedAway also. There was nothing to have changed it to armedNight.

HSM did the same thing this morning. Mode was set to Away but HSM turned on both night and away arming.

Look at your Location Events to be sure they are the same. Perhaps something other than Mode Manager is setting your mode. Location Events are under System Events on the left side menu.

If you notice one of the screen shots above is the events for mode manager. It shows the mode going from home to away. Then 3 hours later goes back to home mode. Never goes to night. And HSM seems to turn on away then night. And the same thing happened this morning.

Sorry, I misread your post as to the events you wanted to see. Here is the screen shot of the system events at that same time period. At 4:57 the mode went to away and stayed away until 8:12. But the HSM went to away then night.

Here is another screen shot of this morning where the same thing happened. Mode to away at 7:52 and back to home at 11:46. And in between HSM went to away then night.

OK. Thanks. I'm not sure what is going on with this, but I will look into it.

Nothing critical. So no hurry. Thanks.

I have been keeping an eye on this and everytime my mode goes to away HSM goes to away then night. So it is repeatable.

I may have figured out what is going on. I have an IRIS V2 keypad. Very rarely use it. In fact right now it is sitting on the shelf. I had paired it to HE a couple weeks ago and just set it down so I could test things as needed. Hadn't touched it in over a week.

I picked it up yesterday and noticed it was in night mode, or partial. I had also told HSM to use keypad.

So I removed the keypad from HSM and now the HSM stays in armed away. So for some reason whenever my mode changed and HSM went into armed mode it looked at the keypad also. Not sure why it should do that tho.

Which brings up another point. If you don't use the keypad to change modes the keypad thinks it's in whatever mode it was in the last time it was used. Nothing tells the keypad that the mode had changed. I looked in the capability list and their are commands to tell the keypad to change it's mode. But in rule machine there doesn't appear to be anyway to access those commands. Or at least I couldn't find them. I can do it from a custom app, but not from rule machine.

That's not true. My keypads stay synced with HSM perfectly. You don't change modes with the keypad, you can change the arm state of HSM.

If I arm HSM using something other than the keypad, the keypad still shows disarmed. And that was causing my HSM to do funny things. I removed the keypad from HSM and that cured the problem. So if thats not supposed to be that way, I don't know what to say. All I know is what it was doing. And I did a lot of testing to figure it out.

What driver are you using for your Iris V2? Because it should not be doing that if it is set up in HSM as a controlling keypad. Are you seeing that the keypad beeps your exit delay?