HSM keypad arming

As a user i'd like the ability to select mode for Partial and On of the keypad arm, currently it looks like they are hard coded to home(partial) and away(on). I'd like to be able to set ON to use home, as I use mode manager to set away based on presence. ON is the only way to arm with a delay but someone could still be home.

Why not just use partial instead of On on the keypad? The keypad's firmware is hardcoded for on being armedAway and only partial being armedHome. That is the way the keypad works, not HSM or HE. That is evident by the way the keypads report data back to HE. If you use "On" on your keypad, it begins its armDelay countdown. It's not HE telling it to do that, it's the keypad's firmware. So, the people you really need to ask about his is device manufacturer.

partial would work if it had a delay. neither the keypad nor HE/HSM support delay on partial. surprisingly both support a delay on ON.

That's because armHome means you're staying home. So, why would there be an exit delay. It's meant for when you're not exiting.

all good if you live alone. but if you have a family it doesn't

my daughter works at night. and leaves a 0 dark 30 in the morning. if she presses on(leave) then the system arms in away mode with delay. Everything is armed and someone gets up and triggers a motion sensor. she cannot press partial and leave because there is not a delay on partial. how is anyone ever going to arm and leave with someone still home asleep. Mode only changes during a transition from present to/from not present, after the last person leaves or first person arrives..

If there were a delay on partial HSM would be in home and if for some reason she was the last to leave her presence change to not present would set HSM to AWAY.

I've seen this request before. Will look into adding this feature to HSM. Thanks for articulating the need.

1 Like

Well articulating is probably an over statement. The only way I graduated high school was Forged English grades.. :>

1 Like

How will that work if the keypads don't support it? A silent countdown inside HSM only?

Still investigating that.

This is going to entail a change to the keypad driver, as well as to HSM. We intend to undertake this change, but I don't know how soon it will be released. We have some time pressure to complete the change due to Iris shutting down at the end of March.

I see delays for arm home/night thank you!! I'll put batteries in my keypad and try er out..

1 Like