HSM Issues

These are two different things. Delay Armed-Away is an exit delay. The other option is Intrusion Delay, an entry delay, which is for any intrusion, either Away or Home (there are valid use cases for both). Perhaps there should be separate delays that can be specified for Away and Home.

HSM sends the "siren" command unless you select both strobe and siren, in which case it sends "on" command. That should be changed so that if both selected, it sends "siren" and "strobe" commands, not "on".

Yes, that error blows the running instance out of the water, so it doesn't finish running.

Well, there is a use case for the delay in armed home mode, which we discussed in that thread.

I’m not sure what it would take for them to have different delays for armed away and home modes.

The use case is walking the dog at night, when the system is Armed-Home, and the person wants a delay coming back in.

Fix is to separate the two delays. I will put this on the to do list for HSM.

1 Like

A couple minutes seems like a long time to set an entry delay anyway, IMO. I set mine to 10 seconds, which is plenty of time to enter a code on the keypad next to the front door.

I think this should be an option. A traditional alarm system such as a GE, or Honeywell, alarm does not have an entry delay on armed stay. In the past I owned an ADT and Monitronics dealership, so I know this for sure. I do see the value in having it as a configurable option, because a lot of people would find a delay useful including possibly myself, but I don't think a delay should be forced. I have large dogs, so even if I leave I will usually arm the system Armed Stay, so that the dogs don't set off the motions.

It will be implemented as two separate entry delays in the next release.

2 Likes

I do not have both selected. I only have "siren" selected. I didn't even realize it was possible to select both until you mentioned this, so I went back and double checked.

-Jeremy

Not sure this is what anyone has asked for, but it would be great to have the option for an exit delay for Armed - Home as well. I use Armed - Home fairly often, since the dogs set off motion sensors during the day (regardless of the sensitivity setting). But right now, I have to wait until I'm outside and the doors are closed to set to Armed - Home.

Why are you using Armed Home if you are leaving?

I realize it's a little strange. It's because of the problem with the dogs tripping motion sensors, and the desire to have an alarm mode for when we're away that would ignore the problematic sensors, but still set off all sirens + lights.

Because we never use HSM while actually home and moving about (just one custom monitor to send a pushover message for certain doors), I use either Armed - Home or Armed - Away when we're away from home or sleeping. Armed - Home ignores the problematic motion sensors, and is what I use when we're away but the dogs are home (e.g. workday). When we're asleep or away with the dogs (e.g. vacation), we use Armed - Away which includes all motion sensors.

That was fine until adding the Iris Keypad. I'd like the "Partial" button to map to Armed - Home (only select sensors) and "On" to Armed - Away (all sensors) as it already does, but since I use both modes when leaving the house, it would be great to have the option for an exit delay. Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

(I could swap which sensors are monitored in Armed - Home and Armed - Away, but then "Partial" on the keypad would actually correspond to the mode which monitors more sensors)

Edit: And I can think of at least another use case for someone using Away - Home the "proper" way -- if a keypad is placed somewhere that you might have to open or close a door shortly after setting to Arm - Home. May not be relevant for most users, but any flexibility to address unique cases can be key to getting family buy-in to this stuff.

I wish there was one more option to choose:

Armed-Stay
Armed-Away-with-Pets
Armed-Away

1 Like

Loop invariant! There will always be one more option...

1 Like

Siren issue fixed: Hub Update 1.1.5

Is an optional exit delay for Armed-Home in HSM still on the to-do list?

I, too, have a dog that stays alone in the house during a workday. I would like to Arm-Home for that, but retain Arm-Away for when the house is completely empty.

Of course, like many, my family are not techies, so something very simple is needed here. My current workaround is a button outside the front door that sets Armed-Home. Goofy, especially to my family, but a solution until a real fix happens.

1 Like

This has been implemented in the most recent release, 2.0.7.

I have given up on HSM with the Iris Keypad for now... does not work and will not cancel the alarm with any pin code -- i had hoped my door lock codes would have worked but not so lucky there, either. Also, no 30 sec beep when the arm and disarm is engaged, either. In our case, the alarm will go off and I have to go into the hub's interface to shut it off. Very frustrating.. and I am still not getting why Mode Manager is showing Away on many occasions when most of us are here. Have checked and checked and presence sensors clearly show we are here but the Mode Manager shows Away about 70% of the time! I just disconnected the Alarms and scrapped that for now... making this system pretty useless for security and smoke. Also -- a lot of devices dropping a lot.. but yet, some devices will still work even tho it is reporting that is it missing. Really not too impressed with this system and coming over from Iris where the system worked and I could feel safe -- this is not the case with this hub, sadly. I am not new to IoT either and have ST also -- but wanted to be on HB exclusively. I know how to define rules but not sure this hub is really working correctly -- it is terribly slow at times and just cranky like with HSM and the presence sensors and its inability to effectively shut off the alarms with the keypad make it very frustrating. I am hanging in there and taking a step back -- this has been consuming me since Feb and I feel like the keypad is not right with the drivers or something .. so hoping an update will fix these issues in time.

1 Like

Which version of the keypad do you have? I have two v2 keypads, which are running different firmware versions but both are working as intended with HSM.

Perhaps you have another problem that could also explain the issues you’re having with the keypads? Do you have a good zigbee mesh with repeaters?

I have 3405-l V2 2nd Gen and then I have V3 IL021 -- I am just now working on the V2 because V3 has its own issues but would just like to get this one to work first and seems to be the one that the driver they are using here was made for.. Currently, the motion sensor stays active all the time, also -- I forgot to mention that. I have about 100 devices and I should have an excellent mesh on both zwave and zigbee -- I have many repeaters and those are always online. Like I said, I am being patient, I get home today and the devices that were not not being discovered are suddenly there!

This can happen if the device doesn't triple beep on join which indicates a sucessfull pairing. Try removing, then a factory reset then pair it again.

There is a display minor error at HSM at the app.
When armed it shows at the top armING-HOME, armING-NIGHT, armING-AWAY.
I sugest use instead "armED Home", "armED Night" or "armED-Away".