HSM door bypass

Agreed.

My real-world alarm system will automatically bypass sensors that are not in a ready state & still arm itself appropriately. Usual caveats and e-mail warnings apply... The alarm system also has an option to NOT bypass them which effectively does what is currently happening in the HE implementation.

J

This is a reasonable feature request, because as noted, most alarm systems allow this. I will look into it. Presumably if you bypass a device, it would not alert while the system is armed, irrespective of what happens to it. The next time you went to arm, it would again warn you. So it could be as simple as giving you a button that says "Bypass and Arm Anyway".

2 Likes

Sounds good the button option. My alarm will arm with a door open and alert me that bypassed the door, then if I close it (armed) it will not trigger an intrusion but if I open it after I closed it (armed) it will trigger an intrusion. Thanks for taking care of this. Lol I don't even know it was a feature request.

To add a little more info, you should look this using a dashboard, for example I use Sharptools most of the time to arm or disarm HSM, if a button will be a solution for the bypass then where it will be if I'm using the dashboard?

Another point is, I tried using my Centralite keypad and it bypasses the open door! But as I already said, most of the time I use the dashboard to arm or disarm.

I would like to have the option of not using the button at all to arm the system with an opened contact. Just arm the system and send a notification of the opened sensor. This is useful for using presence sensors.

1 Like

You can do this with Rule Machine. Just create a Triggered Rule that fires when HSM is armed, and then checks the state of the contact sensors. If one of them is open, it can send you the message, The system would be armed. Don't use notifications from HSM for the failed arm, and it won't check. So, RM does the checking and the message you want.

1 Like

This use case can also be done with Rule Machine. Again, as in the post just above, do not use the Failed Arming notification of HSM. Instead, do the alert from Rule Machine. HSM will go ahead and arm, and if that open contact were to close, and then re-open, you'd get an alert.

There is no need to add this bypass feature to HSM at all.

1 Like

Sounds good to me, I will try it tomorrow, my wife is snoring already, thank you!

Would be nice to consider the arming failure as transient, letting the system arm and only use the "failing" sensor if it closes and opens again.

See post above. You can do this now, just don't use the Failed Arming feature of HSM.

2 Likes

ty! do we have an event when arming fails?

I was wrong, It does throw an event for hsmAlert --> "arming".

got it, thanks.
it seems I have a periodic disarm followed by armRules in my log, the schedule seems random, only when HSM is not armed.

Is it working now?
Or is there an option to chose from "report and bypaas" or "only report".
Or mybe an option to "retry a 2nd time and "Bypass and Arm Anyway"".
Or extra arming mode ARM AWAY, ARM HOME, ARM NIGHT + ARM BYPASSED

Also interested in such a feature - "bypass specific device"

1 Like

It is a great idea, but how will I get this to work. I can have a real button, or I can creat a Virtual button
But what rule or comand no I need lo triger o so?

Is ther a way to have HSM arm with bypassed conatacts, and get a alert message telling me wich one is it?

Even better if you can get this options to chose from:
In case of contact is open, select what you want HSM to do
bypass it or try to arm again en 60s or Arm Home or do NOT Arm

Also you will get 2 diferent messages
one for bypassed contat
and one for arm failure

ideal, if you could chose wich contas can be bypassed and wich can not.

Just trying to imprube the system :grinning:

You might want to take a look at this app.

I got confused, do we have an event when arming fails? or not?
If so which one is it?

:+1: :grinning: :+1: