HSM Cannot get property 'displayName' on null object

I am pretty sure I removed a device that was being used by HSM to blink lights on an away intrusion. I am able to open the HSM app and when I go to modify flashing lights the app gets an error and I am no longer able to open HSM until I reboot the hub. Is there any way to fix the issue without reinstalling the HSM app?

Error from logs:
2022-09-01 07:04:31.971 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'displayName' on null object on line 936 (method mainPage)

What hub build are you on? Settings / Hub Details.

This is a bug, and it's been found and fixed. If you join our beta program, you can get the fix in the next beta release. That should rescue your HSM setup.

4 Likes

Is there an ETA for when the fix will be made public?

I just purchased a device that throws this particular error. I applied for the beta program, but now Iā€™m stuck hoping the fix is made available before my return window closes.

Any insight you could offer is appreciated!

You need to show what is happening. The bug discussed above was fixed and released. Need to see a screenshot of the logs where the error shows and a screenshot of the HSM set up page.

1 Like

Sorry, I should've probably made a new thread. The error I'm seeing is similar to the one posted by OP, but it's not related to HSM in any way.

Here's a screenshot of the error:

The device in question is "Minoston MR40Z Remote Control Switch"
Any button pressed on this remote triggers that error.

I'm guessing it's an issue with the custom driver itself. Switching to the Generic Z-Wave Button Controller seems to fix it.