HSM canceling alerts

Hi,

Testing my water sensors I noticed that HSM had this:

When I click cancel alerts it will turn on and then off all the designated lights for intrusion alerts.

Is this intentional?

Asking because testing my new water sensors I had my monitored alarm turned on, when I clicked cancel alerts it triggered the monitored alarm too, the police came to my house...

Thanks

1 Like

No, not intentional. A bug with cancel alerts. Fixed.

Thanks Sir.

Bugger! :sweat:

But at least you know it works, and they are on top of it :slight_smile:

There are some issues with how HSM cancels alerts. Next release will address those. vjv found one problem, but fixing that uncovered another problem -- multiple alerts. I'd also like to see it warn when arming that the conditions are not right -- like a real alarm system does.

1 Like

Honestly yes, the police were very informative when they came here, I said the same, at least now I know this works.

The team of HE has been very helpful resolving issues too. :+1:

1 Like

I had a similar issue tonight. I was testing a water sensor and everything worked as expected......until I tried to cancel the Alert in HSM. It would not cancel. I pushed the cancel alerts button and it still showed alert....I hit the Done button and it still showed Alert. I have a virtual button on a dashboard setup to cancel alerts. This did not work either. Then wanting to see if it would respond to anything at all, I pressed Arm-Home. HSM did say it was in Arm-Home by giving me the Disarm Home button. However, now that did not work either. I had the Alert message and was Armed-Home and could not do anything to reset, cancel or disarm. In the end, I removed HSM and then reinstalled it to get rid of the issue. Anything I should look for specifically if this happens again?

I think your issue was the same as this

But if you read, you will see the answer....

To solve it I did exactly what you did

Thanks. I'll take a look. However, I did not have alert until cancelled turned on and I only have it set to send a message to Pushover, which only was sent one time. I just couldn't get the Alert to go away in HSM.

Added: I did go through and read this but you had something much more complex than I did. I only got the one alert as expected. But HSM kept saying "Alert" in the list of apps and when it was opened up. Pressing the cancel alert button nor anything else I did would make this go away and have HSM start acting correctly again.

Did you try Disarm All? That will cancel alerts and return HSM to a disarmed state. Then you can re-arm water alerts. Also, if your water sensor is still reporting wet, HSM will alert again. That could have been your original problem. It is still armed after hitting cancel alerts, so if the device reports wet, around you go in a circle. Disarm All will allow you to check your water sensors, and get things back to a known dry state.

Yes, tried Disarm All but that didn't work either. The sensor was reporting Dry as I checked that also at the time to make sure that wasn't the problem.

I forgot to add that I had also went into HSM and removed the 3 water sensors I have and the notification that was set so that the water section was blank, hit done and still couldn't get the Alert status of HSM to reset.

Something is very hosed up. Suggest you remove HSM and start over with it. I cannot reproduce this behavior.

That's what I ended up doing already. Everything is ok now it seems although I haven't tried testing the water sensor again.

Newbie here from Wink, and while testing HSM Water Alert, it won't shut off!!!!!!

On top of that I chose for the Dome Siren to be strobe only and it's sound is blaring! I can't tell you how much the wife and family are not happy about this. I've hit cancel in the HSM App many times and I even deselected the LeakSMART sensor I was testing, resaved the HSM App and then hit cancel and it still won't cancel, UGH!!!!! And of course I totally dried the sensor before trying to cancel the alert, which did then stop the sensor's alarm from chirping and returned the LeakSMART Device to "Dry". I was able to eventually pull the batteries on the Siren and turn the lights assigned to HSM all back to their normal status (it's 9pm). At this time of night on Sunday, I think I'm going to have to pull the plug on Hubitat until I can get some help figuring this out.

Thanks for any help!

Had to remove and rebuild HSM in order to cancel the alarm. Would simply building rules be more stable?