HSM Cancel behavior different when armed away vs armed home

When HSM is armed-away it will reset all the lights and devices when you cancel alerts. I was pleased with this behavior because the system returned to the proper state for active monitoring. However, when HSM is armed-night, nothing gets reset when you cancel alerts. Is that the way it is supposed to work?

Can you show your HSM setup? You have a light turning on with intrusion-night that is not being restored to the previous setting when the alert is cleared?

Yes that is correct, there are lights that are turned on, but don't go off when I clear the alert. It works OK when clearing intrusion-away. Is this what you mean when you asked to show the HSM config? I'm still working on it.

I just tried with mine and it reset the light perfectly after clearing the alert.

I just retested and it is now working for both modes. I just put together the system yesterday (migrating from smartthings) so I must have had a conflict somewhere that is now fixed.
Thanks for checking and I will chalk it up to operator error.

2 Likes

The light might not have had the correct state in Hubitat when the alert went off. If hubitat thought the light was on before the alert, it won't try to turn it off after but will send send the command to turn it on. Without a time machine, we'll never really know 100% for sure. Keep an eye on it, and if it happens again, further investigation can be done. Glad it's working now. :smiley: