How would you do this? Color bulbs and motion/dimming

I have two lights on my deck. Currently they are on the same dimmer and I have a simple rule set up to turn them on to full brightness on motion.

I want to replace the dimmer with a dumb switch, and two smart color bulbs so I can change the color for the holidays, one red, one green, etc.

I'm thinking maybe for the holidays leave them on for the night at whatever color but if motion is detected back to full brightness and white, then back to whatever color.

I'm sure there are a ton of ways to accomplish this but what is going to be the easiest?

Edit - nuts, totally missed you said you want to switch dimmer to switch, so edit-undo my original post about dumb dimmers. A switch will ensure full line power.

I think I'd manage the setup via Rule Machine, but I'm sure it could be done via Room Lights too.

No problem. I poked around with room lighting and it but quickly got in over my head. :slight_smile:

Instead of replacing switch with a dumb switch can you disable physical on/off? That way the bulbs keep being powered full-time and also giving more control of the bulbs if your smart switch is able to be used as a button device.

Don't give up that quickly, Room Lighting Is pretty easy to figure out if you keep things simple. You figure out how you want to go about setting things up device wise and I'm sure the community will help you with the rest. everyone here likes to Nerd Out with the help!!

So I just happened across this thread. This app does exactly what I'm after!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.