How to use Monoprice 11990 Dual Relay Module

I was able to get the Monoprice 11990 Dual Relay Module driver and device installed, but it doesn't seem to do anything. How do I turn on each of the 2 switches?
TIA!

-Scott

What driver are you using? I have one of these with a "Dual Relay Driver" and it's child driver. I am able to control either relay without any trouble.

Edit:
Forgot to include a link to the drivers, I have had them for a long time but I think this is the thread and spot where I got them:

After trying different options I've got something that kinda works.
I created 4 virtual switch devices. Relay1On, Relay1Off, Relay2On, Relay2Off. These all automatically turn off after 1 second. I then have 4 Rules Machines Rules, one for when each of these Virtual Switches turns on. They the do a Custom Action on the Dual Relay switch device: on1, off1, on2, off2 respectively. I have to use these virtual devices to turn the relays on or off in my other apps and automations.

I then shared these 4 virtual devices with Alexa Skill app and created Alexa Routines when Voice says 'Turn Off Device 1', the Action is to turn on Relay1Off. Voice says 'Turn on Device 1', Action is to turn on Relay1On, etc. Same with Device2.

This is a PITA and a major band aid just to get this working, but it works. Wish there was a reliable way to get actual status info of each physical relay.

Why 4? Couldn’t you have done it with just 2 - with one corresponding to each relay? And 2 rules.

The state of the virtual switches may not be correct. Ie, The virtual switch may say off but you turned it on physically and there is no way to know that it was turned on physically since it does not send those events. So if the virtual device says it's off, but you physically turned it on, if you try to turn it off with the virtual device it won't actually send the off event because it thinks its already off. Need a virtual device type that sends events no matter the current state. Ie if it thinks its Off, and something tries to turn it off, it still sends the Off command/event.

I got it working as 2 devices.

I used @ericm device driver for the Monoprice 11990 Dual Relay. Play with the On1, Off1, On2, Off2 buttons to see which relays/physical devices those control.
Monoprice 11990 Dual Relay device driver

I then used @bertabcd1234 Virtual Switch: State Change device driver to create 2 virtual switch devices for each physical device controlled by the relays. This virtual switch driver sends the state change command no matter what.
Easily Change Virtual to Group? - Get Started / Novice Help - Hubitat

Then need to create 4 Rules Machine rules: an On and Off rule for each device.
The Trigger event will be the virtual device switch turning On (or Off).
For the Action select Set Mode, Variables or File, Run Custom Action, then select Run Custom Action.
For the capability, select Switch, then select your Monoprice Relay device.
Then select either On1 or On2 for the custom command depending on which relay/device you want to control.
Repeat these steps to create the Off Rule for this device.
Repeat those steps again for the 2nd device.

You can then use these virtual devices with your Apps including Alexa to turn them On or Off as expected. The only issue is that current state of the virtual switch may not match the actual state of the physical device. However no matter what, when you or an app tries to turn on the device using the virtual device it will turn it on even if it thinks it is already on.

For more than 2 years, I have used just two regular virtual switches (one for each relay). I then have two rules - one for each switch/relay combination, such that:

1. The relay follows the state of the switch
  2. The switch follows the state of the relay

Each rule looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.04.21 PM

This was actually among the first devices and automations I setup on Hubitat. The rules were originally in Rule 2.5; they were updated to Rule 4.0 sometime last year.

1 Like