How to troubleshoot Hubitat Rule not always running correctly?

I have a Hubitat C-8 running on platform 2.3.9.158. I am having intermittent problems on some really simple Rules I have created. I have about 30 Jasco Z-Wave light switches and sometimes they do not respond to simple Hubitat basic rules.

For example, I have a rule that turns my outside lights on at dusk.

When Time of Day is sunset ...
Turn on Garage Coach Light Switch, Front Porch Ceiling Light Switch

Sometimes this automation runs with no problem, but other times only one of the switches comes on. Then another day, the other switch doesn't come on. If it was consistently one specific light switch, I would replace that switch, but when it goes back and forth, is it the switch or the hub. Or could it be a failing switch on the mesh layout that sometimes forwards the command and sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know how to diagnose the issue. Any help on what I should be doing?

I have a few other simple rules that have the same issue. I have a Zooz Z-Wave motion sensor that when I enter the bathroom, multiple Z-Wave switches should come on. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. I have noticed that all my rules seem to be buggy in the late evening hours. Weird or just coincidence?

Here's a good place to start

3 Likes

do you have any ghost devices? do you have a strong mesh?

1 Like

Which model(s) exactly?

Jasco Enbrighten Z-Wave Dimmer, Part 46203
Jasco Enbrighten Z-Wave Switch, Part 46201
Jasco Ceiling Fan Switch, Part 14314
Jasco Enbrighten Ceiling Fan Switch, Part 55258
Jasco Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Outlet, Part 55256

The fans are all using the GE Smart Fan Control Hubitat Type driver
The dimmers are all using the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Dimmer Hubitat Type driver
The switches are all using the GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Smart Switch Hubitat Type driver
The outlets are all using the Generic Z-Wave Plus Outlet Hubitat Type driver

I dont see any devices in my Hubitat device list that are ghosts. I can control all devices listed; however, i do have some Z-Wave smart outlets that i havent got around to adding them to Hubitat. Could these orphaned outlets cause a problem?

How do i determine if i have a strong mesh?

Post your z-wave details page in it's entirety. Use windows snip.

1 Like