How to send SMS when lock code used?

Thanks for the clarification...I can see where the lock codes add more complexity! In my "Lock Code Monitor" app, I subscribed to lock and basically had to ignore unlock and only process lock when there was lock code data, so there is some work there.

What would be way cool is if a person could put %device% %value% [by %user%] and the part in brackets would be ignored if not applicable...:sunglasses:

@bravenel

What I need is RM to just use whatever the lock code sends it verses a check box of codes for me to choose. Now the LCM is available (and hopefully will have more automation enable/disable in the future) I need RM to just do notifications on whatever is sent from the lock.

Currently I have to go into RM and change the rule each time I add/remove someone from the doors. This is a PITA as I have restrictions per door verses all doors.

Unless I missed something RM can't do this today correct?

The way it works in RM is that %value% is the user.

Correct. So you are wanting something that simply responds to ANY lock code, right? That would be simple to add.

@bravenel

Just to be clear...I would like RM to tell me the name value of the code that unlocked the door no matter if RM knows of that code/name or not.

Example:

• Luke Skywalker unlocks front door with code 1234
  • RM sends push notification that "%device% was %value% by %lockname%"
    • %device% = front door
    • % value% = unlocked
    • %lockname% = Luke Skywalker
  • HE Admin; Darth Vader, adds through LCM a new user called "Princess Leia" with code 4321 but doesn't do anything to RM as he is too busy building another death star
  • Princess Leia unlocks garage door with code 4321
  • RM sends push notification that "%device% was %value% by %lockname%"
    • %device% = Garage Door
    • %value% = unlocked
    • %lockname% = Princess Leia
1 Like

Lock codes are only sent with unlock events, so %value% is the code name, Luke Skywalker, and you know implicitly that it was unlocked.

@bravenel

That is fine then. Just would like RM to not care if it is Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul or Obie-won. Just tell me they unlocked the door without me adding them to RM. :wink:

Will be in next release:

6 Likes

Note sure if this is a bug, or my mistake...

But If I make a RM rule exactly as @bravenel shows above - i.e. Any Lock Code as the trigger, on my system it ALWAYS evaluates as true and stays TRUE... So is unusable... See below - the doors are actually UNLOCKED right now... Not sure why it is TRUE...

Am I doing it wrong, or what?

I use a trigger

Yup, I'm an idiot...

I'm still getting used to RM versus how I did things in WebCore or ST...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.