How to NOT show state.variables

Good question. The JSON response is so large that it takes a perceptible amount of time to query it. Stripping it down to keep only what is necessary really is probably the best strategy in this case.

If you find a solution, I'd like it too... wx-ApiXu has the same need: large'ish pools of values that must be non-volatile.

The big changes I made to that driver was to make the internal loops (polls) to be async and especially sunrise/sunset times. They get used each and every poll of weather and especially Lux but are fetched once a day. "re-query" is precisely what I removed :smiley:

They certainly are not 'user interesting'.

I don't even remember what I was working on when I was making the above requests...lol.

I do sort of remember my chain of thought though. The groovy.transform.Field didn't end up solving what I needed. I remember coming to the conclusion that tucking the state values in an app (where it isn't displayed in a user facing area) would be the best option. The app/driver model was far from ideal...but it would have to do until @chuck.schwer and team decided to give us the option to hide them.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Manually refreshing the browser is the only way.

2 Likes