How to kill zombie app

• purchased used hub couple of months ago. The previous owner claimed to have done a "factory reset"
    Currently getting errors in log:
    sys:12019-10-23 06:23:29.945 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

sys:12019-10-23 06:20:43.137 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

sys:12019-10-23 06:19:50.078 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

sys:12019-10-23 06:11:41.958 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

sys:12019-10-23 06:10:38.388 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

sys:12019-10-23 06:10:36.516 pm warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook*
(goes on and on)
After looking at the pattern it appears to be webhook calls from the previous owner's Life360 app. He has tried to kill it on his end (I believe) and no luck. Did another "Factory reset" today and changed the ip address of the hub (per @Bobby) No pings until after I reloaded Rule machine, simple lights and Dashboard app.
Not really sure how webhooks work but I think that re-establishing connection to Hubitat allowed API to point to my hub again (mac address?)

I've actually considered opening a Life360 account to see if I get double pings and complain to Life360 group if there is still a conflict.
Hiding it behind the router would work but makes it hard to add apps and device drivers.
Any better ideas?

The HE Life360 app creates a webhook entry in the Life360 system to send push events on location changes. Those are what you're getting in your errors.

Life360 only supports 1 webhook entry per account so the account holder would need to either delete the original entry or update it. However this is not a documented function of Life360 and would need to be done manually by the original user via Postman or another tool or updating via a HE hub even against that users account.

Alternatively from the HE side they are in control of the HE hub ID and return URL from Life360. Perhaps they can do a full reset of your hub and a new ID. This would prevent your hub from receiving the messages but it does not stop Life360 from sending the event which ultimately is still hitting the HE cloud end point.

This is a cloud request. There is no way for you to kill that app as it is in the cloud and being routed to your hub via the HUB ID, which I believe is hard-coded by the MAC address. I would contact support@hubitat.com for help.

This is why I was thinking of opening a Life360 account. If there is a conflict, maybe the Life360 group can correct.

I have also flagged Bobby. Just trying to get some movement as this has been going on for over 2 weeks. Looking for more ideas.

I wrote once an app to delete all Life360 registrations that would remove these requests:

You have to enter your Life360 username and password and hit "done"

I already passed this to the previous user. Problem is he no longer has a hub to run this app. Not sure he will give me his user name and password.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you know if he has a linux machine. It would be hard to make a curl/bash script out of it....

Not sure, I will try to contact and check. Trying not to be a pain beyond whats needed.

Here is a bash script. Username and password are at the top and need to be edited

1 Like

Thanks, I will forward.

I think that until there is a way to update the Hub ID, everyone should be warned to not buy used hubs. This is obviously a problem that is going to come up more and more in the future.

Yeah... This is a real issue, in my opinion.

1 Like

Just got done with some instructions from @bobbyD and it may be "fixed" Part of the instructions cleared out web registrations (I think) Last entry had a hard error which I think is a good thing.
sys:12019-10-24 12:20:53.939 pm errorError at point 184a6b Expired JWT

sys:12019-10-24 11:14:42.387 am warnReceived cloud request for App 11 that does not exist, path: /webhook

will update tomorrow.

So...did they change the Hub ID? or change the token? I'm curious what they did to be able to fix this. it would be key to anyone else being able to buy/sell a used hub in the future.

Don't totally understand fix. One command deletes cloud registration (this I get), the other appears to re-direct login. Maybe updating their login in table?

yourHubIP/hub/cloud/ssologin?redirectUrl=/

Anyway so far no pings, will report back tomorrow.

2 Likes

Sweet!! Glad they figured out a fix for you!!!

1 Like

Well 24 hours and still clear. Added a couple of built in apps and still no pings. I was a little worried that adding the apps might re-establish webhook path but so far didn't happen

3 Likes

Dan I wanted to thank you for your effort on the script. Turns out I got that about the same time as the message from support. The effort is appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.