How to handle physical switch as a condition in RM 4

I have a RM 4 rule to control lights in a bathroom based on mode, lux and motion. I'm trying to now add a simple condition statement to exit the rule if the physical switch is turned on. It looks like it can only be a trigger and not a condition. I have a seperate rule that triggers off the physical switch being turned on. Any suggestions?

It's possible. The trigger is just to get your rule going. Begin the evaluation for the most part. Actions to run is where you would specify the switch after IF

However, if your switch isn't reporting its status back to HE correctly in the device details of that switch, then it's not going to work in a rule as a trigger either.

How about using the physical switch and Button Controller to set a virtual switch? The virtual switch could then be used as a condition to exit the rule. Another option would be to use that virtual switch as a trigger for a second rule to Cancel Timed Actions, Pause, Resume, etc. the posted rule.

I'll just add that Motion Lighting will do what you want from what I'm reading. Including your switch.

Physical switch cannot be used as a condition because it would be meaningless. It's an event, the result of which is that the switch is on. There is no distinction possible in the state of 'on' to distinguish how it was turned on. So this distinction can only happen with an event.

You could add Wait for Event: Physical Switch on, and right after that have the Exit Rule action. It's not clear what you mean to prevent by exiting the rule.

The rule I attached I want to execute normally if the Leviton light switch has not been physically turned on. If the light switch is physically turned on then I don't want the rule to run.

I thought about the Wait for Event but as the rules run in order, I'm not sure where to put it in the sequence.

OK, don't want to run until when?

You could have another rule, triggered by physical on, that Pauses the rule in question. And whatever logic you need to Resume it later.

Until the switch is off again. I have a second rule that the physical switch is the trigger