How to handle %device% in an IF/Else Block

Not sure how to take the why not. Otherwise, the lack of a notification is validation that everything is closed.

In the example I posted above, I have a notification for all the windows/doors being closed. Thatā€™s for others who were freaked out at the idea of silence being a notifier in itself.

@homeauto2112, Thanks for your example above. I had problem with the HE notify on my 3 tablets, and Pushover too , unreliable ! I need the answers : on/off, open/closed... If I push a button, no notify, only silence ... something wrong I need to fix.
With 50 lights, 50 switches... maybe the rule too long. Thankyou anyway.

You're trying to get it to notify you with a list of the devices if any number of 100 things are on at any one time?!? Uhm. why not just look at a dashboard?

The dasboard on my 3 tablets, on my android phone ... sometimes no refresh, the outside light is off at daytime, but it still On on my dashboard !!!
I push a button on my phone, my tablet or speak to my Echo, Google Home mini ...and i had a report right away :

I get it. I was just curious. In my example, I have 14 odd windows and doors. I thought that was too many so I grouped them into rooms. That got me down to 7. That may help and I should have put that in my write up. The key is to group things that make sense to you. In my rooms where I have two windows, only one is armed with a security company. So I had to figure a way to indicate whether it's the "armed" window or the "unarmed" window. If you can group 50 into something like 5 or 10, then you are just directed to the area to take action.

And again, credit needs to go to @halfrican.ak. He did a lot of work on this approach.

2 Likes