How to get rid off the Hue Bridge?

There all on the latest firmware (I have a lightify hub for that)

:man_shrugging:

I have noticed some latency between Hubitat command and Hue bridge execution. Is that significantly reduced by using a HE hub to control the lamps vs a Hue hub? Hue controls on a Hue hub are very fast to control the Hue lamps, but HE control of Hue lamps has about a 1-2 second delay.

Somethings perhaps not right in your network. I have only a 500 ms delay.

All my Zigbee and Z-Wave devices respond very quickly, so those meshes are good. I have Lutron Picos and they show a fast response on the HE hub. If I use the device properties from HE to turn on a Hue hub lamp, it is very quick. The slow down seems to be Zigbee button or pico press, and the delay happens with the Hue hub lamps. Is there something that will help with this?

Sometimes I get slow response from a Pico. I open the Lutron Integration, press OK and that resolves it. sometimes.

I’ve never had fast response from the HE integration driver, but slow response from a Zigbee button controlling at the same. It would have to be the button responding slowly. Xiaomi is the only Zigbee buttons I have on HE. Otherwise they are paired directly to the Hue Bridge.

The Lutron Autora’s and Hue Buttons on the Hue hub are pretty much instant. I am using Samsung buttons in some areas and picos in others to control the Hue lamps thru HE. Makes sense that it could be the buttons, but I am seeing I logs that they are a little slow to respond. Must be all things combining to a slow action.

1 Like

Anything custom using IP hat you could disable as a test? Not remove. Just disable

No, other than HubConnect.

Haven’t seen any reports of it causing a problem, but as a temporary test, I wouldn’t take anything off the table.

Isn't the easiest way to get rid of the hue hub to buy a second HE hub? :grin:

I have 3 HE hubs now, with one of those dedicated to the abundance of OSRAM lights and strips (they were just about giving them away at Lowe’s when they put them on clearance). The picos are actually faster to turn in the Hue lamps than a Samsung latest gen button. I wonder if I might have to invest in a ST hub for firmware updates.