How to finish a rule - No Done Option

I have been creating a bunch of new very similar Rules

Just started with the Landing one and it now requires a parameter to be set when one should not be set, the same as the other ones I did.

Knowing the ;one should be

Devcon() on Landing TRV

But this time there is no option to select Done with this action

Any ideas on how to summon it?

Tried adding a string parameter of ()

And still no Done button only cancel

Did you try clicking somewhere in the blank space of the dialog? That should bring up a "done with action" button and then clicking that will bring up the done button.

Yup

There doesn't appear to be a condition defined in the IF ...

It is getting more confused.

Your best bet might be to remove this rule and re-create it. Something probably got messed up and RM thinks you're in a state that you're not in. If you can find a reliable way to reproduce this problem, staff would probably be interested in (and capable of) fixing it, but otherwise odd things like this happen sometimes, and starting over is usually the best "fix."

If you don't want to try that, I'm curious if "Cancel this action" will help in your case and allow you to add an action as you expect the next time you try. No guarantee, but that's probably all you can try (besides trying the same in a different browser or clearing cache, I suppose) besides the above.

1 Like

ha! - I removed it and and started all over again and it worked.

Not an issue but thought worthy of noting.

Will keep an eye on it as I recreate all the new Heating Rules ...

yup just done it again - ill see if I can repeat it consistently

I wonder if you have some sort of database corruption thing going on? That seems to be the go-to answer these days.

Iā€™ll try a reboot before doing any more

This happened to me a couple of times.
It happens most often after adding and deleting some condition statements and eventually will get it into some wrong state.
The only way to get it out of the wrong state is to remove the rule :smirk:

Iā€™ve seen (and experienced) this several times before when doing a conditional action on a custom driver.

The drivers will sometimes define variables in a way that is not correct and it doesnā€™t work with RM. I suspect this might be the case hereā€¦

Here is a post with the valid attributes:

Yup that will be the issue, it does offer invalid parameters and has an issue with then even though no parameter option is selectedā€¦..

I will a few more of these I suspect before I have finished the new version of heating controllers

1 Like

Are these your drivers? If not, it might be useful to tag their developer so that he/she may update them if they wish to do so.

@simon this may be of interest

1 Like

I've looked into my code for the Aeotec eTRV (I assume that's the TRV driver we are talking about) and my attributes are all either number or string.

On looking at it more closely they were number or String (capitalization) - I've changed them to be Number and String - as that's what @bravenel had in his post.

I will post the updated version.

Perfect many thanks!

Can you please remind of where I can find the updated version?

I've updated the driver....

You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir,

Many thanks

Mike

2 Likes