How to add google home devices to dashboard?

I have some devices like blinds that are controlled by RF. They have google home integration so I can control them manually.

One way is to get some RF learner, integrate with hubitat, and then control the blinds directly. But that feels complicated.

Easier way would be if i can somehow import the google home devices to hubitat, and then create dimmer switches for them. So I can easily control blinds from my dashboard.

Anyone point me in the right direction for this please?

The two options that I can think of are:

1. Get a Broadlink Pro and control them with RF. (Will require learning the codes which is pretty easy to do. One Broadlink Pro can control multiple RF devices.)
  2. Create virtual devices and share those devices with Google Home. Use routines in Google Home to set the value of the actual device to match that of the virtual one. This may be only on/off (up/down).

For the first option, here is the integration that I have used:

1 Like

problem with broadlink pro is that my blinds have rolling codes. So it is not able to learn those codes.

doing it via virtual switches is good for just open and close. I cant control the 0-100% percentage open.

I assume they must have some kind of hub then....? In order for GH to operate them.

Regardless, one other option would be to see if a Bond Hub would work with them. I use one to operate Somfy blinds which also use rolling codes, however not all are compatible, the Dev's have to develop integrations for each product, but there are plenty that are compatible.

There is also a built-in integration with Bond on HE.

1 Like

yea comes with own hub.

yea i heard about that hub. I might try.

But isn't there a way to just import all google home dimmer devices to hubitat?

That would be ideal.

My understanding of the situation is that the built-in HE integration with GH is one-way, making HE devices available in GH, including virtual devices of the right type, but bringing devices the other way I am not sure about. This is most likely a limitation in what Google make possible, rather than HE

No not directly. The integration is only one way (From HE to Google). Now what you can do is simply set up virtual switches in hubitat, then expose that to google. Then write a rule on google to turn these on/off which will then trip rules on Hubitat.

3 Likes