How Smart is Your Kitchen...?

Does this require the Ecowitt Gateway/Weatherstation or can be used standalone?

Needs the Gateway. It's cheap, small, and once you have it you can add other sensors/weather gear/weather stations as well...a fun rat-hole. :slight_smile:

There are at least two integrations for the Gateway:

2 Likes

I have instant hot water (around 110 degrees) at my kitchen sink from my whole home tankless water heater and recirculator (dedicated to kitchen sink). The recirculator circulates water at 15 minute intervals (selectable) in 0-24 hour period. Probably not the most efficient option....probably lots of heat/energy loss in the pipes (insulated).

I'm doing motion lighting etc in the kitchen along with a button controller to turn off motion detection and dial in ambient lights for the main floor. IKEA Tradfri for under counter LED drivers, and their GU10 overhead lights. All newly connected to HE (just migrating from ST).

My fav though is using the 240 Volt Aeon switch on the induction cooktop, and using this to control the exhaust fan (also pimped that out to an ECM inline fan outside the hood). The Terrabloom ECM fans are awesome. The OEM hood fan has been removed. This setup is much, much quieter, and moves at least twice the air. The 240V switch detects power use so I trigger on/off this to control the ECM fan via an Aeotec micro relay.

1 Like