How many ex Vera owners are here?

Thanks for chiming in then. Lol. I’ve seen that elsewhere but I’m not the person with the skills to do that. They claim they see Alexa devices so I was looking for a back way to connect WiFi stuff easily. It’s a project for another time.

It is so much easier with hubitat. You could do it on Vera if you typed in the code on the advanced page. Assuming you could find the correct code to type in.

1 Like

I used the Reactor plugin back in my Vera Lite/Vera Secure days. Frankly, it's the only thing that kept me on that platform as long as I stayed. The inability to do OR operators in rules was unacceptable.

When MSR came out I immediately jumped in. Mild learning curve from the Reactor plugin as some things were done differently being it was a standalone system. With MSR, I had the freedom to move out of the Vera world. With their lack of straight answers around future plans and the firmware for my Vera Secure that never came, I'd finally had enough and started researching.

I found HE on sale and started down the migration path. Wasn't too awful, few devices a week and over a couple months it was done. I now have two HE's, a Home Assistant install for mobile and local dashboarding, and MSR running all the rules.

My experience with Rule Machine was that it wasn't as intuitive as MSR. Perhaps this is due to my prior experience with the Reactor plugin, hard to say.

4 Likes

Ex Vera lite user here. Was running for TEN years on v1.5 UI. Read about many users upgrading and wishing they hadn't (if it aint broke dont fix it ethos)
However, every couple of months it would lose devices so i had to reinstall the most recent backup. A few weeks ago had the same issue but this time it bricked on the next power cycle.
That led me here....
Still early days but managed to get more done in a week than my first few years with vera. Maybe due to an understanding of z-wave devices and home automation but there's still much more i need to learn to get HE doing what i was doing with my old vera. Just about transferred all my old devices to HE but need to upgrade a couple that appear incompatible.

2 Likes

I found that too - but you do get used it.

2 Likes