How fast do you grow past your routers limits?

I have similar setup to @patrick. USG, 3 UniFi AC Pro AP and 1 UAP-AC-M-US Unifi Mesh Access Point and a couple of TP-Link switches. I don't use the cloud key since I have a computer running with Unifi controller software. Don't really have much issue with 4K streaming at all. We stream video everyday but mostly 1080 on multiple TVs. This is probably my best investment so far. Running for close to 2 years without problem now.

1 Like

Stream 4k and multiple streams

Not only is the Unifi hardware really good value the control through their software is amazing. Can't recommend them enough. I also use their NVR and cameras.

The dashboard is easily available remotely and allows me to maintain the system if needed - but i have had no down time in over a year.

1 Like

Running Unifi here as well for a few years now. Had tons of problems with the all-in-one, modem, gateway, access point from Xfinity (Comcast). Now I have separated them; Cable modem, Unifi Secure Gateway, Unifi inside and outside access points, Unifi Switches, Cloud Key. Supporting multiple gaming systems, Layer 3 TV on multiple 4k TVs and streaming VuDu 4k all at the same time.
Last time I check I have 37 wireless devices.

I use reserved static IP addresses assigned by the Unifi DHCP server. This way I don't have to config the clients for static IP and still get locked-in consistent IP addresses.

1 Like

I use EERO v2 and never have issues. 62 devices connected 100% of time. Never slow downs/congestion.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.